Spent 3 nights here. The booking was efficient and dealt with quickly. Our lagoon view room was lovely, clean and with a huge bed. It's a great place to chill and do nothing as there isn't that much to do. I would recommend you take your own wine as prices are a bit extortionate. If you are a vegetarian the menus at both restaurants are a bit limited. Food at both restaurants are good and breakfast is delicious. We did book to go on a half day walk but at a price of £30 per person cancelled it as it seemed a bit expensive given what we had paid for the room. We told 3 different people we were cancelling it but they still came to find us to go on the trip! Do visit the Marine Ecology centre as its part of the resort and funded by your stay there, they are doing great stuff. Don't expect to do much other than relax, eat, drink and look at the view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya