We stayed 3 nights in an Ocean villa at this lovely resort and found it great. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was high quality, food at Alu Alu was extremely good. Snorkeling for us first timers was also a very good experience.
The only downside was possibly the lack of activities in the resort itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya