Just had a 4 night stay at Gayana after upgrading to a Palm Villa before our arrival in Kota Kinabalu.
We were extremely impressed with the Palm Villa. Very Roomy, private & very nice. The plunge pool was great to have at our doorstep.
The first 2 days the water was clear & clean, but after a windy day into the bay there was a fair amount of rubbish in the water with a reduction in the clarity of the water for the next 2 days. Slightly disappointing after experiencing how pristine the water was when we arrived there.
The staff were always helpful & always tried their best, even when the language barrier got in the way they did whatever they could to help. Our wifi was really bad, but the staff provided us with a broadband modem for our stay which helped us very much.
We loved the Alu Alu restaurant. The food was just amazing, & the staff just great.
The Merc centre was fantastic & what they are trying to achieve is to be applauded, as is their enthusiasm & excitement to their cause.
The major downside with our stay was the maintenance work being carried out on the villas on both sides of our villa,
By the second day the hammering, power tools & 5 or 6 men working right next to our villa in front of us took it's toll, & we requested to be moved due to the noise & my partner not being comfortable swimming or being on the balcony or pool in front of the the men.
The management instead of moving us, moved the workers away from us to other parts of where we were staying. The management say they had no idea work was being carried out next to us. For what you pay for a Palm Villa, you expect privacy & a quiet seclusion, & considering that there are 8 villas & all were empty but ours it wasn't good enough.
Overall we did have a great stay but we won't be visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya