It's a lovely place with great service and food - it was quiet when we there and rained a lot, so for example we couldn't take advantage of the more romantic table for dinner. They make a big deal about their wine cellar, which is impressive, but coming from Europe, I'm not thinking about drinking wine in SE Asia.
The service was very friendly, but somewhat inept - my wife's dishes pretty well always turned up after mine, and had to be chased on more than one occasion.
This was the first proper stop on our honeymoon, and it was certainly great to get away from civilisation as you do feel you're close to nature while still in the lap of luxury. I guess it felt a bit more suited to a corporate conference/workshop venue, and they need to tighten the service effectiveness up a bit, but overall, still very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As sensual and exotic as the hibiscus flower that bears its name, Bunga Raya Island Resort is a luxurious jewel set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo. A secluded island hideaway of 47 timbered villas, the resort is framed by white sand beach and virgin jungle. Hillside villas reflect the simplicity of the Borneo architectural style. A hilltop spa blends the finest Traditional Asian and Western treatments using restorative powers of indigenous plants and oils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bunga Raya Island Resort And Spa
- Bunga Raya Island Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa Malaysia/Pulau Gaya