We traveled from Singapore to KK in Nov 2011 and stayed at Rasa Ria for several days and then Bunga Raya. We agreed that the location, scenery, and beach at Bunga Raya made it the best choice in KK and loved the 4 nights we spent there. We were traveling with 2 children (2 yrs and 4 yrs) and had an adjoining room cabin. While I do agree with many reviewer comments on boat schedule and price of food - we were easily able to overlook these given how nice this resort is and how beautiful and clean the beach was. Once at the resort we didn't leave to go back to KK (but had spent 3 days there in advance) and this was fine as we were looking for beach getwaway, with a quiet and nice safe beach for kids to swim and play. This is exactly what Bunga Raya is. What was great was that all beach activities were included, so every day we snorkeled, kayaked, and road jet skis with kids in the very beautiful bay at the resort. We enjoyed just playing and lounging by beach, eating grilled prawns from the beach bbq, and walking out on the pier to swim/dive. While there wasn't a kids club, the kids thoroughly enjoyed Bunga Raya. Our cabin had a very large veranda (most of them do) - so we spent much time hanging outside before and after dinner as well.
We have lived in SE Asia for awhile and traveled to many beach locations in different countries. KK is a great city with great food and many sites to see. Its nice to have this very beautiful beach resort so close and I would highly recommend visiting Bunga Raya on a trip to KK. Especially if you are looking for a quiet / clean place to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As sensual and exotic as the hibiscus flower that bears its name, Bunga Raya Island Resort is a luxurious jewel set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo. A secluded island hideaway of 47 timbered villas, the resort is framed by white sand beach and virgin jungle. Hillside villas reflect the simplicity of the Borneo architectural style. A hilltop spa blends the finest Traditional Asian and Western treatments using restorative powers of indigenous plants and oils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bunga Raya Island Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Bunga Raya Island Resort And Spa
- Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa Malaysia/Pulau Gaya