“Corner store with great food and coffee!”

Hyams Beach Store & Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Delicious breakfast and lunch menu, we ate here three times in two days. Great service, friendly advice and relaxed atmosphere with log fire.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped here for late lunch / afternoon tea on a beautiful day but the food was terrible... The hamburger was ok but the chips had been fried more than once and burger very basic ie: lettuce-tomato-onions and extras listed at $1.50 each !!!!!!! Also ordered a lime syrup cake which came with not cream / ice cream nor any offered even at an extra price and cake was $6.50 and completely inedible DRY DRY DRY ....... so bad infact that I took it back after a cursory bite and the waiter was polite and apologised and cake was taken off the bill.
It does not take much to make simple food delicious and appetising but unfortunately this cafe is in need of some food presentation skills and a lesson in yummy.....

3  Thank Kristine G
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and my daughter went to this cafe for lunch .
I choose the lamb burger and chips and my daughter had the vegetarian burger. Both meals were lovely , both meals cooked extremely well. The service was A1
The atmosphere was chilled and relaxed .
We would definitely return to try the breakfast as the menu looked beautiful
Was really spoilt for choice with the lunch menu -- local caught fish and chips -- gormet lamb chicken beef and lentil burgers sound fantastic
Excellent experience

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hyams Beach Cafe was our closest coffee shop during the 3 years we lived at Jervis Bay. A wonderful place to relax on a weekend for brunch - love the bacon and egg sandwiches with chilli jam. Great for the kids with nice smoothies and baby chinos. Friendly staff and owners often present. Not too noisy, even with children there. Nice coffee, tasty fish and chips, good home made cakes and muffins.

Having said all this, we were lucky to be able to visit during non-holiday periods - during school holidays, public holidays, summer generally, the Hyams Beach Cafe is unbearably crowded and busy. Absolutely avoid unless you like long waits, not tables and a bustling atmosphere .... But at any other time, we found nothing else like this around Jervis Bay.

1  Thank Patience_and_Jerry
Reviewed April 27, 2013

rude blonde girl with glasses and buck teeth! Each time she spoke she was facing away from me so I couldn't hear her when asking if they had sugar for my coffee and complete lack of communication to let me know that takeaway customers need to wait outside. Waited 20 minutes for a takeaway item to be zapped in the microwave and then not given any cutlery to eat it. She called out my number again with her back turned to me, i let her know i was standing behind her and she put it on the servery window outside anyway. was so insulted by her lack of manners and rudeness, get rid of her and get another teenager who wants to work! The food was however terrific!

3  Thank 0836apple