“Beautiful location with good food”

The Garden Table Cafe
Ranked #29 of 50 Restaurants in East Maitland
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Beautiful location with good food”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Being located in a nursery is the start to this good feel experience. The new building is light, airy and really embraces the garden feel...... especially out on the deck. Have been coming here for over 8 years now and generally really happy with the food or coffee.
Although like another recent review, on our last visit after coffees up first, full breakfasts and coffee after, we felt that we were being hastily encouraged to move on by a senior woman. The place wasn't even full but the gesture made us feel not good so we left..........but this won't stop us from coming back.
The food is quite tasty with a good range on the menu from snacks and coffee to full breakfasts. Well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014

Newcastle, Australia
“nice food BUT”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

my wife, my sister and I went for lunch
quickly seated as was not very busy
first waiter (male) arrived with menu with a greeting of how are you ladies, I said excuse me, to which he said I apologise.
waitress arrived so we ordered coffee but she seemed intent on us ordering our food straight away, we just wanted to relax with our coffee and have a catch up chat before we ate.
a second waitress came later and lo and behold the same greeting of how are you ladies or something similar. She realised her mistake and also apologised but twice in 15 minutes is to me a sign of lack of attention to who your customers are.
the food came and was fresh, hot and tasty, the coffee was also nice
we each had a melt, all different, the trouble was that at 21 dollars each I would have expected more than half a sub.
the nice food does not make up for the high price, the some what pushy service and certainly does not make up for a male to be called a lady twice

• Visited May 2014