“Old motel in need of TLC”

Best Western Endeavour Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Maitland
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed one night driving from QLD to Sydney. It was Easter and the restaurant was closed. This is a very old motel in need of a refurb, double glazing the windows would help with the road noise ! The room was cramped with too much furniture for the size of the room. It was supposedly a queen size bed - but it was smaller than ours at home ! I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Bowral, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

we had a good stay at the motel but we found the room was very hot and the air con could not be adjusted as there was no remote to be found but we will be back again . Staff was friendly and breafast was great the only motel where we didnt have to ask for poached eggs. John & I have to go back to Maitland as what we went for was cancelled and we have to rebook

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2012

we stayed in a 2br apartment in their apartments which are separate from the main precinct. we booked at 2br apt with double in 1/2singles in other. however even though i confirmed the alternate apt we were moved to had the same bedding setup as we'd initially booked, i was disappointed to find it hadn't (and that the apt was up a flight of exterior stairs). that being said, the staff were more than accomodating in ensuring we got a trundle in the 2nd bedroom, and also when our fridge went on the fritz they replaced that immediately. the parking was well-appointed but not marked out for room numbers so it seemed a free-for-all and one night i had to park on the street when all parks were taken (bad esp. considering it was raining, i was staying on my own with 3 kids and they were all asleep when i got back!) overall our stay was okay but i would probably not choose them again. the price was family-friendly but this might be the main pro of staying here. Also when i checked out i advised the management of my unhappiness with our issue and the staff promised to pass it on - but i was not contacted again. we didn't eat in the restaurant or swim in the pool but would have had we had time, both looked welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed one night here and the room was very comfortable, clean and the staff were helpful.
There is a restaurant on site, which is very good as there doesn't seem to be any other options on the eastern side of Maitland. The menu is very meaty, in fact I couldn't find a single vegetarian option. As I'm an omnivore, this was fine for me, but others may find it limiting.....The menu does offer 'viking cutlets'. I have no idea what these are or what they have to do with the Captain Cook Endeavour theme, nor indeed what that has to do with Maitland.......

If needing to stay in or near Maitland, then this motel is good. It was full when I was there on a Monday night so do not rely on just turning up. The price is what you would expect to pay in a town boosted by mining.

Room Tip: Outside my room was one of the outdoor table/chairs, undercover, for smokers. If you are annoyed by...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stay at the Endeavour whenever I am in town on business as it is convenient to the office. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the service is always friendly. The meals out of the restaurant are decent quality and I like that they cook special requests for those times when you are sick of restraunt food! Traffic noise is worse in some rooms than others but it's something that you expect when booking into a motel on the main road. Overall, I like this place and the people that work/frequent here and will continue to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back if traffic noise will be an issue for you.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed here for two nights in so called "Family Room". Without offence to anyone, this room looked more like a jail cell than a motel room. As it was facing the highway, I had a bit of trouble with falling and staying asleep thanks to trucks compression braking as they were slowing down for traffic light.
In my room I had few guest cockoraches. I did not enjoy their company so, as I was leaving for work in the morning, I killed one and left him on the floor right in the middle of the room.
When I returned in the afternoon, he was still there, after my room "has been cleaned".
The hosts, however, were very friendly and helpful, no complaints there. Food in the restaurant was also not too bad.
With a bit of TLC, this could be a nice place, but as it is now, I don't think I'll be in a hurry to come back here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MrD79
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I recently stayed for 4 nights at the Endeavour as I always do when I stay in Newcastle and it is good value for money as well as clean rooms, excellent restaurant and great service. The manager and assistant manager are always alert to your needs and are always of good spirit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Pindari House
Pindari House
#1 of 1 in Lochinvar
Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway

Been to Best Western Endeavour Motel? Share your experiences!