“Nice room....but noisy highway all night.”
Review of Sutherland Motel

Sutherland Motel
Sutherland Motel
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had an overnight stay here (third time Ive stayed). Check in was easy....with a happy, smiling and helpful owner. My room on the upper floor and was nice and clean. The bed was comfy and I had everything I needed in the room, plus you aren't far from the shops. I think the motel offers good value for money,
My only complaint was the traffic noise.....not the motels fault......but it was pretty loud.
I stay here for convenience and would stay again, only this time I would bring some sleeping tablets!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sutherland Motel

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel was placed conveniently for where my partner and I had to stay.
My first impression was grim as the receptionist had very poor customer service relations - instead of solving a problem he had alot of attitude. Upon entering our room, I noticed it was stuffy and very out dated. The noise of the traffic did not help a good nights sleep.
The positives are air con, close to high way and general supplies, bar fridge and microwave.
Negatives are old and smelly bedding, a not so helpful receptionist and noisy bed time.
Overall - mediocre

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Brittany S
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed here about 3 times now - mainly because I have friends at Como and it's the closest accommodation available. I asked for a quiet room, so they gave me room 1, furthest away from reception - I guess they've never tried to sleep there themselves. The busy highway curves around the hotel and room 1 is closest to it! There's only a brush fence between the room and it. I arrived from Canberra at 2pm and tried to get an afternoon nap - but no deal. At least when I returned at 2am, it was quieter! But traffic starts again early. The room is typical 3 star, but with addition of microwave, toaster and jug, and crockery and cutlery, which are a bonus. Bathroom was light and airy with large glassed shower recess. Directly outside room 1 is a gazebo for smokers, and a BBQ area which I was lucky wasn't being used by any group. At the other end of the hotel, near reception, is a pool - luckily too cold for anyone to use. I think I had a room at that end once before and it's close to the laundry, which housekeepers were using from early in the morning. Still, it's convenient for my use so I'll stay again, but not in room 1! I suppose nothing can be quiet enough situated next to a 6 lane Princes Highway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank eillamo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

A typical older style motel but a nice surprise with brand new shower and tiled bathroom. The bedding was comfortable and newer. The single bed in our twin room had a plastic mattress protector built in so got a bit sticky and hot during the night. Great value would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank JodieG68
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for one night before a trip in June. The motel is close to the highway but we didn't have any trouble sleeping. The room was spotlessly clean and the beds comfortable. Fridge and microwave in the room and plenty of space to store suitcases etc.

We chose the motel due to proximity to the airport for our trip the next day, and we walked to Kirrawee station and caught the train to the airport.

Really good,clean suburban motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank jodi06
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Wow!!!! talk about noisy. This place is right on the Princess Hwy at Sutherland an attempt has been made to sound proof the rooms buy installing another complete set of windows on the inside i guess it helped a little bit, would be unbearable with out.

The bed had a nice hollow in the middle big enough to place a pillow in to make it level and to stop us rolling into each other.

The bath room was nicely decorated with mold, and it was everywhere........

But I suppose you get what you pay for!!!!!!! It was a cheap bed for the night and that's about it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Metro Hotel Miranda
#1 of 1 in Miranda
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport

Been to Sutherland Motel? Share your experiences!