“What a great experience”
Review of Isla Hayahay

Isla Hayahay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calape
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We absolutely loved it here! You can make this place whatever you want your vacation to be - a romantic getaway, active with activities, an extension of your family, or all of the above.

The staff, food, and experience were incredible.

Resort is secluded, which is an absolute plus as you are away from touristy areas. You are dependent upon them for all your meals, and they were all delicious. The fruit smoothies were also wonderful (I had both- the pineapple and the mango). They accommodated special requests at the bar and even for dessert.

The island hopping tour should not be missed. We visited a village on another island, snorkeled at multiple locations, and had lunch on our very own gorgeous tiny island.

Great snorkeling overall. Saw many, many things (sea snakes, lion fish, tons of starfish, seahorses, sea cucumbers, clams, wide variety of coral, different jelly fish and of course lots of fish. Can't remember everything...)

The country tour felt a little rushed. I did not like the conditions at the little "zoo" we visited (where the big snake is). Others did not mind it as they took pictures up close with the snake - not for me.

Take the time to get to know rhe staff. They are great people. Overall, we loved this place!

One last thing... Mosquito's... A lot of them. Bring repellant, and anti-itch cream as they will get you. If you forget, they have little packages of off.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank bobthetortoise

Reviewed November 21, 2012

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW! I have travelled many places throughout the Philippines, but I have not been able to find a resort that matches Isla Hayahay. From reading the reviews, I was interested to see what the food would be like, and I was in no way disappointed. We were served delicious food, great for either Filipino or International palates, and there was an abundance of it! So much so that I could almost never finished what they put in front of us. The staff were so kind, skilled, and helpful and you can see how much Paul and Ara have poured into their resort.

If you are going to stay for 3 or 4 nights, I would highly recommend one of their packages as well. We took advantage of one of the 4 day packages which basically ended up to be a ticket to a completely stress free vacation. Every single staff seemed to be familiar with our schedule and knew what we were doing and when. While on the tours, there was no rush to move on to the next place or time limits given to activities such as snorkelling. When I asked if we could also include fishing in the island hopping tour, they brought the fishing equipment completely free of charge. They were also more than happy to accommodate some special food requests. The snorkelling, amazing! Best I have ever done. And the peace and tranquility of the resort was absolutely refreshing. As you can tell I cannot stop saying good things about this place.

If you are looking to experience true Philippine nature, amazing hospitality, and relaxation without a ton of other tourists, I would definitely recommend that you book a reservation at Hayahay. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I loved the resort. All the staff were very good and helpful. We had a very relaxing holiday last Oct, 2012 with my husband and 2 kids. Perfect place to stay! very clean, free wi-fi, meals included in the packag. And I like the tours we did with a free baby sitter when we did the Raja Sikatuna Hiking. Thank you so much Maam Ara for providing a baby sitter on that day, very kind of you. We really enjoyed ourselves. Oops and they are family friendly too. Thanks to Don-don (my classmate in primary and high school) to Gigi, Sabeth, Mildred, to the kitchen lady, and to everyone. Definetely go back there again with Australian friends....

1  Thank siony m
Reviewed November 5, 2012

With so many glowing reviews about Isla Hayahay, I was interested to find out which parts of the hype were true. We spent 4 days in Bohol the end of October, and have to agree with most reviews. I can especially confirm the following:

1. The food was fantastic,
2. The staff was the best,
3. It is truly remote, quiet and peaceful,
4. Bring the mosquito repellant, and
5. The Roosters are very early risers!

The tranquility of the place quickly growns on you, and everyone helped make us feel very much at home. The rooms were indeed large and clean. We enjoyed the countryside tour, the children loved kayaking in the calm waters, and my husband and son enjoyed a great diving trip. We had a wonderful stay, thanks to the kind hospitality of everyone at Isla Hayahay.

3  Thank ShanghaiShirley
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The owners of this small resort know just what you want on a holiday - clean rooms, good food, great service, free wifi, and everything organised for you.to ensure a hassle free holiday (something not easy to find in the Philippines). Staff were all polite and always helpful. We enjoyed the tours they provided and they even sent along a female staff member to babysit our two girls while we did an escorted jungle hike. We'll be happy to go back there next time we visit Bohol.

1  Thank Wayfarer635
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Paul and Ara have created a spectacular balance in the Isla Hayahay retreat. International standard with local employment. Eco tourism with elegant dining. Superior guides with absolute comfort. I went to spend 1 night here and stayed for 7 nights (8 days). The harmony of this place is superb. I recommend it to anyone who wants a client place to reflect, grow and expand their horizons. A perfect base camp for work or pleasure in the Visayas. I will be back to visit and take those closest to me.

Room Tip: Choose double bed room if you are carrying a child or friend.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My sisters and I traveled to Bohol in February of this year. We were 7 and occupied 3 rooms. We had booked the river cruise as well as the boat trip with every meal included. Paul and Ara made our stay very comfortable and pleasant. We are so glad we found their website. Their staff was excellent catering to our needs. The only downside is the electricity. It is normal to have blackouts so one cannot help it if there is no electric. Cable was down also for a couple of days. Both of these were beyond their control. They made our vacation memorable!! Food was delicious.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank damim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calape
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
Amorita Resort
Amorita Resort
#1 of 16 in Panglao

Been to Isla Hayahay? Share your experiences!