“Just wonderful!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calape
South Florida, Florida
“Just wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My sisters and I traveled to Bohol in February of this year. We were 7 and occupied 3 rooms. We had booked the river cruise as well as the boat trip with every meal included. Paul and Ara made our stay very comfortable and pleasant. We are so glad we found their website. Their staff was excellent catering to our needs. The only downside is the electricity. It is normal to have blackouts so one cannot help it if there is no electric. Cable was down also for a couple of days. Both of these were beyond their control. They made our vacation memorable!! Food was delicious.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank damim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here on march and had a great time i stayed here with a my girl friend and enjoyed very much. I am planning to go back again because i enjoyed so much. I understand that it is far from alot things that the party people like so if you want to party this not for you.
This is for someone that want a relaxing time and no hidden fees. I even had Paul take me out on snorkel trip after he had been out all day with other people but he accomadated me and my girl friend for snorkling trip. I had to leave early because my girl friend need get back for school and they made accomadation with some friend back in Cebu because I had no reseravation because I had already payed to stay with them for 4days. I let them know that I need leave early and they made sure to get me back to boat on time and even gave me back my money for last night stay. I been to alot of hotels in Philippines because i am still seeing a women their . I never had someone go out their way and give me exacte priceing with no hiding fees like this hotel did.

I have found that several hotel see american and add extra charges to the tab and I am so happy to say this place did not do that and I see bad report and think that you only report the truth about hotel not make things up.

Stay here and you would know that the owners here want to give you the best they can and want you to be a friend not just a guess.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank getright
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay here and the day trips we did. The food was very good and the hospitality of the owners and staff was great, though we were ready to move on after 3 very peaceful days to somewhere a little more lively.
If you're coming here from Cebu, get the ferry to Tubigon, it's a quicker ferry and only 15mins or so in the car once you get to Bohol. Coming from Alona beach via Tagbilaran takes a bit over an hour. The last 5-10mins getting there is over a bumpy causeway that takes you off the beaten track - helps keep Pangangan peaceful and quiet.
The hotel is a small number of little chalets sat right by the sea on a shallow, sheltered bay and as a result the water was extremely calm and flat which we found very relaxing. There's a few loungers there for catching a few rays. The water is also crystal clear and about 200m away there are a few giant clams which you can see snorkelling. There's no sandy beach right at the hotel but there is elsewhere on the island.
The rooms are simple but clean and comfortable - if you're a 5 star luxury person this isn't for you but if you have an appreciation for simple done very well this is.
However, simple is not a word for the food. Huge portions of tasty seafood is something we wont forget - could live with that everyday.
We also booked the package with a couple of day trips - for the cost we felt it was a very good price and the trips were good. A few tips:
1. The island hopping day trip takes you to a stunning spot for lunch, a sandbank with a single hut on it. On the way back we asked for a de-tour to the inhabited Bilangbilangan island (home of the katamaran captain) - it was lovely meeting some island residents and see how they live. They were so friendly.
2. If you're going to see the tarsiers at the main reserve it's quicker and easier from Alona beach
3. Do NOT go the the 'Exzootic animal park'. The day trip to the Tarsiers and Chocolate hills stopped here. It's a disgrace.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Club_Street
Irving, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I found this place while searching Tripadvisor for a resort in Bohol. The reviews already posted are very accurate:
1. Food is awesome.
2. The pace is very, very relaxing and stress-free
3. The island hopping and snorkeling are NOT to be missed! (If you haven't done the Countryside Tour - that's a must minus the River Cruise)
4. The property is very well maintained and cared for.

Our family of four, with kids ages 9 and 13, had the time of our lives here and we have returned home with some amazing memories...

Hope you can visit this place too!

PS: We really enjoyed the company of the other guests at the hotel. We also had a blast with the kayaks that we rented from Isla Hayahay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank fmb52
Pangangan, Owner at Isla Hayahay, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much. Your review means a whole lot to us. It was a pleasure having you here at Islahayahay.
Vientiane, Laos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place surprised us a little - the moral of the story being to check which island you're staying on! It's really quite out of the way, which is fine if that's what you're after. It's a basic place, simple wooden decking overlooking the tidal flats. The food is great, fresh and delicious, and the staff organised island hopping (with one of the best dives i've done) and inland trips for us, with lots of flexibility yet everything running extremely smoothly. Overall is great for what it is, but definitely not an upmarket resort.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank meltique
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at Isla Hayahay for 3 days only and regret staying for just 3 days!

The rooms are big and clean. Bathroom also. Very cozy and home-feel.

The food is amazing as told by other travelers too. We can't help thinking of the next meal and guessing what we would have that day. Meals are always the highlight of each day especially at their lovely deck with great view and romantic setting. We really enjoyed it and missed all the food we had at the hotel.

I would recommend the packages that included different activities and guided trips to the tourist spots on the island. We had a one-day trip and our guide was very friendly and helpful.

Staff at the resort are very nice and helpful. Always with a bright smile and ready to help.

What impressed me the most is the quietness, relaxing and romantic atmosphere at the resort. We had an amazing time during our stay. Would definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jennyleeoi
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We (4 in all) stayed here for 3 nights and we had such a wonderful holiday. Its a nice, quiet yet charming place to stay. Friendly staff, you will feel like you are at home without doing any housework. Excellent meals everyday. The day trip and snorkelling are not to be missed. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank clarita m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calape
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
Blue Star Dive & Resort
Dao Diamond Hotel & Restaurant
Dao Diamond Hotel & Restaurant
#4 of 11 in Tagbilaran City

Been to Isla Hayahay? Share your experiences!