The resort is located in an island which is accessible by land transportation. It is a nice but small quiet place ideal for relaxation far away from any bars or restaurants. If you like seafoods like I do, well this is the place to stay cause they serve quite big portions of crustaceans. The staffs are nice and courteous, the owners are accomodating and friendly, though we experience a loud knock on our door (because we are running late on our guided tour).
The rooms are nice, the beach frontage is quite small and the water recedes far away during low tides. It's a bit of a distance from the main attractions in Bohol, an hour away from the airport, an hour and a half from Alona beach, Panglao Island.
I would have given this a perfect review if not for the things I mentioned above, but I would definitely give them a visit just for the hospitality and generosity of Ms Ara and Paul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islahayahay is a fully equipped boutique resort, and it is situated in the peaceful Barangay of Lomboy on Pangangan Island, Calape, Bohol. Pangangan Island is designated as a marine conservation area, and is an ideal location for snorkeling, diving and ecological adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Isla Hayahay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Hayahay Hotel Calape
- Isla Hayahay Hotel Bohol
- Isla Hayahay Bohol Province/Calape, Philippines