The Manor Hotel
Koala House(Datchet)
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Went with family for afternoon tea here and having read previous reviews wasn't expecting much!

Staff were friendly (other than the bar man!) and seats were comfy.

The sandwiches were as expected (same sort of thing as you always get with traditional afternoon tea) of cucumber, tuna, egg etc.

Scones were warm (as they should be!). Cake selection wasn't that great (two types, carrot cake and fruit cake) but nice.

Refills of as much tea or coffee as you liked.

Overall nothing incredible but nice enough -if you're expecting the Ritz you have to pay more than this cost!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Used this hotel on business for 4 years and loved it, I]There was once I stated here for 3 moths solid and so much so the staff got to know me and my habits. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is also beside Datchet Train station that will take you to London city Centre and Winddsor

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I spend most of my life touring and staying in hotels, so I know what a four star hotel is. It is not this. Cracked sinks, peely crapets, lumpy beds. The room was a cube of woe, with MDF furnishings that were new maybe 20 years ago. The key to my room did not work - I gave up. The breakfast was a loathsome omelette more drenched in oil than a bodybuilder. The pathetic single pane of grimy glass in my room did nothing to shut out the noise of the busy road. In other words - this place is an insult to a two-star hotel. Avoid. Sleep at a bus-stop instead.

Room Tip: Choose one at a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had the afternoon tea as a birthday present from a lovely friend. I hate complaining but I need to say a few things.
The seats were uncomfortable (working mans club seats spring to mind).
We asked if we could change our sandwiches as we are allergic to egg and tuna. I was questioned if we told the hotel before we turned up. I said it was a birthday present so didn't know what was on the menu. The gentleman changed the sandwiches which I was grateful about.
The scones looked like tesco own brand scones and were warm and soggy.
The cake on top, well it tasted like washing up liquid and bitter. It looked like shop bought cake and that the staff at the hotel just sliced it.
We asked for tea and we didn't get a tea pot. It was out of a big jug! Then we asked for more milk and was given milk that another table had left on the table when they left the hotel. Not very good in my books.
It was quite dark in there as well.
CP

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I agree with one reviewer that this hotel is so close yet so far.On arrival we were handed our key for one of the "executives room". When walking along the long dark corridor we had to step over huge piles of dirty linen and towels just left outside the rooms whilst the cleaners cleaned the rooms.Where are the linen trolleys ?Lol.Or at the very least the dirty linen should be left in bags in the rooms until the cleaner has finished.Our first opinion was "its a hostel." Thankfully it got better.Our room had a four poster bed,a small table and chairs and a bathroom.The curtains were heavy and good material but rather faded.The paintwork looked new.The bed was comfortable but a small double so I found it hard to sleep as I like king size beds.The hotal had a small bar with a Tv and drinks were reasonably priced.We didn't eat here as we prefer eating out. Overall we felt welcomed and the room was large,clean and tidy (accept for the hairdryer in the draw which had fingermarks on it). Ive stayed in a lot better four star hotels.I would say this was more a 3.5 star.It has a lot of potential but needs a bit more attention paid to detail.Was in a great location,only 5 minute drive to Windsor and the village hasd a few nice restaurants and a couple of old fashioned pubs.

Room Tip: pay for an executive room,they are bigger and recently decorated
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple