“Excellent staff make this place stand out”
Review of The Manor Hotel

The Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Datchet
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Okay so the rooms are modestly sized and the parking is a bit tight but the service is great, the food just fine and it has a nice homely vibe. I was running a conference there and managed to get a nasty sore throat; the staff not only sympathised but made me lovely hot lemon and honey drinks...now that's just great. I also managed to respond badly to their lovely down pillows and duvet and they were whisked away and replaced with non-sneezy ones.

On the practical side the shower was good, the bed comfy, the place clean and its 15 seconds from the railway station (but I could not hear it through the double glazing) but it is the staff that makes this place worth going to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hello Louise P, thank you for your kind comments regarding your visit to the Manor Hotel. I am glad you had an enjoyable conference experience & we hope the honey & lemon helped you feel better! We hope to welcome you back to the Manor Hotel in the future. Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed at the hotel last weekend via a groupon deal. Fairly disappointing if I'm honest.
This hotel is advertised as a 4*..... Really?! Upon arrival the place looks lovely, entered to be greeted by a miserable receptionist. We were given our key cards to rooms 208 and 214.
We stayed in room 208 and I would have put this 'double' room as a single 2* at the most. It became apparent that because we had not paid full price because of the groupon deal this reflected the rooms we were put in. It was freezing cold when we stepped into the room and there was just one single little plug in heater to use.
I have included photos I took of the room which include a shabby bed, ripped old bedding, holes in the net curtain, mould in the bathroom and the curtains which were just ripped so they could attach to the wall fixtures. Is it that difficult to use proper curtain fixtures? There was also thick dust along the headboard and hairs in the bed!
The bed was also extremely uncomfortable. When my other half fell onto the bed to test how soft etc it was he actually hurt his bottom as it was so hard and felt as though he was sitting on the floor!
I didn't feel there was any point in complaining due to the fact we had unpacked and gone straight out for the day/evening plus the price we paid. I very much doubt they would have moved us because of this.
The room was booked as a double so when I looked at the bedroom photos on their website of the double room I was really impressed and looking forward to it. Shame we stepped into what was obviously the "petite double" and the size of a shoe box.
I must however praise the breakfast and waitresses. If anything it was this that made our stay at the hotel OK! The full english breakfast was very tasty, hot and plenty of choice.
Please don't be fooled into thinking this place is a luxury 4* because I can assure you its not. I will only stay here if I paid and upgraded to one of their executive suites as online they look nice... but are they?!

3  Thank Rachel_Newbold

Hello Rachel_Newbold, thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Manor Hotel. I am sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable experience & I would like to discuss your review in more detail. If you could contact me at your earliest convenience on 01753 543442 I would appreciate it. Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We received Groupon vouchers for this hotel for Xmas and so booked to have a nice evening away.
We spent about 30 minutes debating on where to park as the "car park" was full... finally clocked someone leaving so we grabbed their spot.
We were expecting a nice double bedroom with an en suite and breakfast. What we got was a shoe cupboard with about a food round the bed and a view of an aircon duct or something similar. The bathroom was teeny, the bath probably wouldnt have fit a toddler.... we sat in the room for a few minutes feeling totally disappointed then decided to cut our loses and go home. No staff at reception to check us out so we left a note. There was no way I was spending a night in that room. Thoroughly disappointing.

4  Thank randomly2012

Hello randomly2012, thank you for your comments regarding the Manor Hotel. I am sorry you did not feel you could stay the night & if you had spoken to the reception team we would have changed your room. I would like to discuss your review in more detail & if you could contact me at your earliest convenience on 01753 543442 I would greatly appreciate it. Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here last night using a groupon deal (£68 for a standard double with breakfast).

Our room was located in the Koala house which is separate from the main hotel (on the opposite side of a main road across a railway track). It is literally an average house which has been converted to squeeze in as many rooms as possible and so feels more like student accomodation than a 'boutique hotel'.

Our room was very, very small for a standard double, the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in (I would have hated to stay in a 'small' double). It was quite clean but the bathroom was very shabby - a floor tile was loose, part of the cabinet under the sink was hanging off, there was rotting on the corner of the wall next to the shower (see pictures) and the finishing details were very poor. The only plus side was an extra large shower, but as the room was so small there was no privacy between the bathroom and bedroom.

The bed was uncomfortable with a horrible duvet and pillows, and neither of us slept well. Additionally, it was very noisy being located directly next to the railway track, underneath the flight path to Heathrow, having a noisy waste pipe extractor and various other noises in the building. There is also an ugly storage unit out the front of the Koala house and a strong smell of sewage.

We did not eat dinner in the hotel so cannot comment on this, but as the breakfast was very nice and the staff were pleasant, this is the only reason I am giving the hotel more than a one star rating. The bar and lounges looked clean and comfortable. Didn't see the bedrooms in the main hotel so cannot comment on them, but I got the impression that we had been tucked away in the worst section of the hotel.

There is parking at the back of the hotel but only a few spaces on a very busy side road but we parked outside the Koala house which was more secure.

Check in and check out were quick, but if we had been asked how our stay was I would have mentioned the above. Overall I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel, will not be returning and I think it is very poor value for money even at the price we paid. At full price I would have definitely complained and there are much nicer hotels nearby for the same cost.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Koala House
3  Thank Leanne P

Hello Leanne F, thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Manor Hotel. I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant stay & your feedback highlights certain issues that need to be rectified. I would like to discuss your review in more detail; if you could contact me at your earliest convenience on 01753 543442 I would appreciate it. Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed January 15, 2013

There is a vast difference from what this hotel is portraying on its web site and advertising literature to the reality of what is on offer.

Nothing was really bad, but nothing could really be commended. Could be a great hotel if the management concentrated on attention to detail and cleanliness. Extremely average.

One plus point, the restaurant staff were charming and attentive.

Will not be returning.

Room Tip: Our room was in the Koala House which is away from the main hotel. Train noise as it is next to the...
1  Thank Andy M

Hello Andy M, thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Manor Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay at the Manor Hotel & I would like to discuss your comments in more detail. If you could contact me at your earliest convenience on 01753 543442 I would appreciate it. Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were able to have an early check in, the staff were helpful and friendly. However our room was near the Central heating system Rm 223. It was noisy in the day, but at night kicked in every 10 mins or so keeping my mother awake all night. We complained about it the following morning as we checked out and were told that the manager would give us a call at home. That never happened.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the central heating system.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hello 777Gail, thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Manor Hotel. I am sorry that you did not have a comfortable stay in room 223 & I would very much like to discuss your comments in more detail. If you could contact me at your earliest convenience on 01753 543442 I would appreciate it. Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed January 1, 2013

10 of us booked 5 rooms for New year's eve and had an excellent time. the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. the rooms were lovely and clean the food was great and the bar very reasonably priced very pretty hotel right in datchet on the green right next to station so only 3 mins from Windsor and free parking too.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mk3cortina
Megan P, Public Relations Manager at The Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hello mk3cortina, thank you for your kind comments regarding your New Year's Eve event at the Manor Hotel. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable visit & we hope to welcome you back in the future! Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Datchet
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
#11 of 19 in Windsor
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#8 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames

Been to The Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!