The Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were able to have an early check in, the staff were helpful and friendly. However our room was near the Central heating system Rm 223. It was noisy in the day, but at night kicked in every 10 mins or so keeping my mother awake all night. We complained about it the following morning as we checked out and were told that the manager would give us a call at home. That never happened.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the central heating system.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Megan P, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hello 777Gail, thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Manor Hotel. I am sorry that you did not have a comfortable stay in room 223 & I would very much like to discuss your comments in more detail. If you could contact me at your earliest convenience on 01753 543442 I would appreciate it. Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed January 1, 2013

10 of us booked 5 rooms for New year's eve and had an excellent time. the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. the rooms were lovely and clean the food was great and the bar very reasonably priced very pretty hotel right in datchet on the green right next to station so only 3 mins from Windsor and free parking too.

1  Thank mk3cortina
Megan P, Public Relations Manager at The Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hello mk3cortina, thank you for your kind comments regarding your New Year's Eve event at the Manor Hotel. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable visit & we hope to welcome you back in the future! Kind regards, Megan, Guest Relations

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had never eaten out before for Xmas day dinner and decide to try it this year, We picked this hotel/restaurant for proximity as we were working ourselves until 2pm. I cannot fault the food, service or value for money that we received. It was good value at £69.95 pp for 3 courses plus mince pies and coffee. We even requested extra vegetables as they were so nice and it was not a problem. There was a welcome drink available and a box of chocs on the table with a personalised card. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We booked a Christmas party with friends and the hotel did step up to help us at short notice .It is never easy to cater for large numbers. However the food was terrible and service erratic so I am afraid we won't be back.

1  Thank CamillaW1965
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I booked afternoon tea to celebrate my birthday, as there was a large group of 12 and it being so close to christmas I wanted to pre-book somewhere and had to pay it all upfront.
Seemed to be some confusions with the booking and emails going back and forth.
We arrived and were in our own separate room away from the main eating area. Atmosphere lacking. 2round tables set up at either side of the room, they obviously hadn't thought we'd come out as a group for a reason! We pushed the tables together.
Given our champagne but 2 glasses missing so had to call them back (which wasn't easy as we were in a separate room).
Asked them if they could play some music through due to lack of atmos which didn't happen.
Requested highchairs for 2 children when booking and day before and it stated on booking form but we had to ask them and 15 mins later they arrived.
Afternoon tea I could have done better myself in 5 minutes flat. The 'sweet treats' was just carrot cake. The 'selection on finger sandwiches' were very basic and lacked any desire. Scones were nice.
Tea and coffee came in big canisters, no little tea pots and no service whatsoever. All the food and drink was just left on a table in the corner.
£180 I expected a little more-just a few changes and the experience would have been a lot better. Its not rocket science.
I don't recommend going here for afternoon tea and if that reflects on anything else in the hotel I wouldn't bother.

2  Thank Aust_n_Dred