“Superb meal, friendly service”
Review of Zaman Of Datchet - CLOSED

Zaman Of Datchet
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We offer the very best in authentic Turkish cuisine, combined with excellent service. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will do their best to make your visit a memorable one, ensuring that you will make a reservation for a return visit.
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I can't believe that we hadn't tried this great restaurant before. From the outside I wouldn't have guessed that this establishment would be such a little gem. The service is really good and the food is excellent. I especially enjoyed the complimentary nibbles which arrived before our starters; they were yummy and served with hot sauce. My chicken madras was great and my husband really enjoyed the prawn changasi ( I think that's what it's called) the prawns were enormous he said it's one of the best prawn dishes he's ever eaten. The naan bread was lovely, light and tasty; absolutely wonderful.

My mother loved chatting to the friendly staff and can't wait to go back

We were offered drinks on the house to round off our meal which were much appreciated. We're definitely going to put this at the top of our list of places to visit for great Indian food.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I had to organise a 40th birthday meal for 30 people! I contacted a few restaurants but from the moment i approached the manager of Zaman (a gentleman called Wahid) i was put at ease and felt re-assured that we would have a great experience - he wasn't wrong. I sent a list of food that we would require,our arrival time and he orgainsed the rest.
We arrived to find a huge dining table running the length of the dining room. It sat 30 people very comfortably (they'd brought in extra sections to ensure we could all sit together). We were all immediately made to feel very welcome and attended to by a number of waiters. We had popadums followed by starters followed by a fantastic aray of really tasty dishes. I received loads of praise from my friends for finding the place because the ambience and food was so good. We spent over 3 hours having a fantastic meal and were never hurried. The staff all joined in when we sang happy birthday and cut the cake.
I had read the other reviews before and thought it would be difficult to live up to expectations but the food was really tasty, the service was exceptional and it all went to make for a brilliant 40th birthday for my best mate Matty.
This sounds like the owner writing, I'm not, but it's rare that your expectations are surpassed these days and when they are you want other people to have the same experience.

wahidz, Manager at Zaman Of Datchet, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you very much for your very valuable feedback, It recognises our commitment to ensure we keep our standard at optimum level all of the time. We are very much glad to know that you have enjoyed your visit at zaman of datchet. If we can be of any assistance in the foreseeable future please Email:wahidz100@yahoo.co.uk

Reviewed January 5, 2012

What a night. Fantastic food, Fantastic service could not do enough for us. Would reccomend anything with king prawn. Will be going again. From all at Keyline Thank You.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We were referred by the concierge at the Marriott. Food and service very good and good value.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We wandered in late on a bank holiday Sunday, after visiting the Liquid Leisure night Jump. The staff were extremely welcoming and food was excellent. Very hospitable and would recommend.