“Perfection!!!”
Review of Piccola Venezia

Piccola Venezia
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Datchet
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Datchet���s Piccola Venezia was established in 1998 by a local Italian family determined to offer locals a taste of relaxed Italian holidays close to home. Of great importance to the Piccola Venezia team is the creation of a comfortable, friendly and cheerful ambience, the ideal accompaniment to true Italian food and the kind of welcoming service more usually seen in Venetian trattorias. Classically designed with traditional furnishings and white and terracotta paint, all complemented by attractive paintings of the famous canals and palazzos of Venice, an acceptable second to the real thing. Celebrity customers including Channel 4���s Kirsty Allsop and Phil Spencer and actor Stephen Tompkinson have given Piccola Venezia���s food their seal of approval alongside locals, and it isn���t hard to see why. The mouthwatering dishes of Italian favourites, including pizzas, are prepared using quality ingredients selected for their fresh flavour and authenticity, whatever the occasion there really is a dish to suit your needs, not to mention a wine to accompany.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have travelled all over the world and visited many restaurant. This amazing Italian is by far my favourite Italian in the world. I have dined here on many occasions and the heart shaped pizzas are a very special touch. They even do take out for that night when you just want to be in your own home. I love the warm welcome you receive and the family run business you can feel the family warmth from the moment you walk in. I can't wait to spend summers on the newly refurbished outdoor terrace!!!

There are newer reviews for Piccola Venezia

Reviewed May 6, 2014

They say that you see the real side of people in adversity. If that is true then Piccola Venezia has shown what great spirit they have.

The restaurant was badly flooded earlier this year, but the management team there used that situation to improve what was already a brilliant restaurant. The inside of the restaurant has been remodelled, new seating put in, new tables used and the atmosphere is even better than before.

We are local and have been visiting this restaurant for over 7 years and have never ever had anything other than a brilliant meal there - that has included events like Mother's Day and many New Year's Eves as well as mid week nights throughout the year.

The food is excellent, the service wonderfully friendly and personable and the atmosphere relaxing and informal.

Recommending this restaurant is so easy. If you haven't visited it give it a try and I can assure you if our experiences are anything to go by you really won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

With Windsor close by and mainly full of Italian chain restaurants Piccola Venezia is a refreshing little gem. The staff are always SO friendly and service is always fantastic, which makes the feel of a family atmosphere. The food is fresh and tasty but I would particularly recommend taking a look at the specials board as every time I have a special it ends up as my favourite dish! Cannot recommend the restaurant enough

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is hands-down one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever eaten in. Wonderful quality produce and generous portions.

Being a local to Datchet I was familiar with how wonderful the dining experience is in Piccola Venezia, and took my boyfriend for the first time a couple of weeks ago - he too was blown away.

We arrived at about 10pm on a Saturday evening, the restaurant was so busy that we had a short 5 minute wait until a table became empty! Always a fantastic sign!

The staff were wonderfully friendly and welcoming and endeavoured to meet our every wish! garlic bread came out without cheese on so our waiter came back with a free one with cheese with our main. My boyfriend also wanted a mix and match of two items on the menu, which was provided for him at no extra charge.

Bearing in mind how late we sat down to eat, you would usually feel pressured to finish up your meal quickly and leave so the staff can get home, far from it, they chatted to us while we ate our desserts and even gaves us the end of a bottle of limoncello to finish. It has to be said that 4 shots had us shyly handing the bottle back admitting defeat.

I cannot recommend this place enough for food, service, atmosphere and amazing value. Definitely one to check out when you are in the mood for Italian.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I went with my family last Saturday for dinner, it was the worst food we ever had, we were not happy at all, I don't know what's happened as we used to go there before, we were so disappointed, and advised people not to go there any more.

2  Thank tunisia66
Luka52, Manager at Piccola Venezia, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

FAKE REVIEW !! When we find out who wrote this we will take it further we welcome criticism when it's true with open arms and this motivates us to be the best restaurant in the Berkshire area however we do not welcome false reviews