“Excellent Service, Excellent Food, Excellent Value!”
Review of Piccola Venezia

Piccola Venezia
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Datchet
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Datchet���s Piccola Venezia was established in 1998 by a local Italian family determined to offer locals a taste of relaxed Italian holidays close to home. Of great importance to the Piccola Venezia team is the creation of a comfortable, friendly and cheerful ambience, the ideal accompaniment to true Italian food and the kind of welcoming service more usually seen in Venetian trattorias. Classically designed with traditional furnishings and white and terracotta paint, all complemented by attractive paintings of the famous canals and palazzos of Venice, an acceptable second to the real thing. Celebrity customers including Channel 4���s Kirsty Allsop and Phil Spencer and actor Stephen Tompkinson have given Piccola Venezia���s food their seal of approval alongside locals, and it isn���t hard to see why. The mouthwatering dishes of Italian favourites, including pizzas, are prepared using quality ingredients selected for their fresh flavour and authenticity, whatever the occasion there really is a dish to suit your needs, not to mention a wine to accompany.
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service, Excellent Food, Excellent Value!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me for dinner here tonight. We were greeted on arrival by very friendly staff and were seated at a choice of two tables. We ordered, I had a bruscetta to start and my boyfriend had the Butterfly Tiger Prawns in a tomato sauce. We were also given complimentary bread and olive oil which was a nice touch. A slightly bigger table with more space was vacated shortly after we finished out starters and we were asked if we would like to move there, which we did.
We then had our main meal, my boyfriend had the Seafood Risotto which he said was amazing, he thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the chicken breast with spinach and grated cheese, spaghetti in olive oil with a hint of chilli. To be honest I was not sure I was going to like it but it was so nice, the flavours were lovely. The portion sizes are really good here especially for the price, you definitely feel full after eating, unfortunately we couldn't finish both our meals but we enjoyed them very much. We then decided to end with some Lemon Sorbet for dessert which was a very nice end to a fantastic meal :) we were then offered complimentary Lemo Cello which was kind.
When the bill came me and my boyfriend were not expecting such good value for money.
We had a lovely evening here and the service was brilliant and not overwhelming and the food was excellent, we shall definitely be returning and hope to become regular customers. Thank you for such a great dining experience! X

London, United Kingdom
“A Big Thank You To Piccola Venezia”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I held our wedding reception here at the end of October. The food and service were absolutely amazing.

Albeit we've been visiting the restaurant on occasion over a number of years and have never had a bad meal, we were truly amazed at how well looked after we were on our special day.

There were 35 guests. We were greeted with a Prosecco reception on arrival followed by a three course dinner with coffee and Limoncello to finish. Kudos to the chef. He managed to exceed our expectations. The food was delicious especially considering the numbers he was catering for and the different menu choices. All our guests commented on how delicious the food was.

Regarding Domenico and the staff, thank you. You made the organisation a breeze and the atmosphere was pitched just perfect, with our guests saying how relaxed and enjoyable the afternoon and evening was, a great time had by all.

If you're looking for a place to cater for a special occasion (excellent value & service), then give Piccola Venzia a call.

If you're looking for a place to eat some delicious Italian food and a relaxing evening then this is the place for you.

Thank you again (we'll see you soon),

James & Ree

• Visited October 2013
“Pretty much perfect”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Ate here after a visit to Twickenham yesterday and was delighted that we chose to, albeit entirely at random. A very warm welcome was followed by attentive, yet not intrusive service by helpful and friendly staff. The food was prepared quickly and efficiently in the visible and might I add, spotless kitchen by chefs who were very happy in their work. Four members of staff, including one of the chefs asked if everything was ok and we were happy to report that it was. The food was delicious, perfect calamari, a fab seafood risotto, home made meatballs and lovely desserts all accompanied by one of the best proseccos we have had. Shame we live so far away (Devon) because otherwise we could easily become regulars. 10/10 on all fronts.

Bucks
“Ok,local place,nothing special”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Friendly ,family,traditional local restaurant,with no pretensions.

Service fine,but basic in this cramped room. Wine list is limited.
Food good but basic,do not expect great things.
We had starters of prawns, tricolour salad ok,not inspiring but adequate.
Mains of chicken special well cooked,badly presented. My veal over cooked. Others seemed to be ok
Would i return,? Probably not ,it is not my thing

Visited November 2013
Benidorm, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
“Just perfect”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I've always wanted to dine here after having a quick coffee and some tiramisu, so, we popped in the other night. It was just superb! The staff are so attentive, the place is lovely, with perfect lighting and not big so you get looked after. The food is delicious with a great selection of wines and original peroni. I am going to make this a monthly affair.