Calais Mount Resort
Baywatch Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
$135
$121
The Atrium Apartments(Mount Maunganui)
$129
$126
Oceanside Resort & Twin Towers(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
$156
$152
  • Pool
Westhaven Motel(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Blue Haven Motel(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Aquarius Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Bay Palm Motel(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Blue Wave Motel(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
Gateway Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot poolsgreat locationyummy foodoutdoor balconylarge carsmall kitchenettepilot baycheck in was quick and easythe sofa bedwould stay againwithin walking distancewashing machinespacious apartmentone night staythe ground floorright next doorcascais
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went down to the Mount at short notice for one night. Booked a studio unit through Wotif.com for $109 plus $5 booking fee. For a studio unit, it was very spacious, complete with washing machine and clothes drier (not that we made use of them.) TV reception for some channels was not very flash - (I thought digital was iliminating all this.) Being tall, (6'2") I found having the microwave directly about the kitchen sink was extremely annoying. Had a fridge that rattled (I slept through it, but not so my wife.) Handy to town. Parking a large car was a bit of a challenge - thank goodness for bumper sensors!!! But all in all, it was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashleigh H, Manager at Calais Mount Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Mt Maunganui

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I visited probably in the middle of it's off-peak season and the whole place was quite lifeless which I guess I can't be too critical about. It's positioned extremely well, right across the road from the Mount and in between the ocean beach and the estuary - lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance so I imagine it would be a great place to stay during the summer holidays.
From my very brief interaction with the staff I can say they seemed friendly. Carparks are nice and close to the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After staying at the abolutely dreadful Garden Court in Tauranga (which we left after 1 night out of a planned 4 nights due to it being dirty, over-priced and very run-down), we moved to the Calais Resort in the Mount. Fantastic location, very big apartment well equiped, helpful staff and very clean and tidy! Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the unit
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Lovely spacious accomodation, easily held 4 adults with room for 4 more. Lovely and clean.
Great kitchen (better than at home) with everything we needed.

Only drawback was the bathroom facilities, whilst all there it was very tiny. Almost an after thought. However we managed.

Good underground parking and all very secure

There was a bar and restaurant but we didn't try these as on limited time.

We had a Grab one voucher and was $114.50 a night for 4 people. Wouldn't want to pay full price.

It was a bit noisy after dark but I guess you have to expect this at the Mount

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for the feedback. It can be a bit noisy afterhours in the Mount. I am onsite between 8pm and 8am and my contact numbers are in the compendium for after hour noise complaints to help our guests have a peaceful night. Thanks again for staying with us, Ashleigh

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at The Calais over New Year for 4 days this is the 3rd time we have stayed there...We knew there were a whole lot of rules and regulations for New Year which is fine. 1 of there rules is you cannot park a boat there (there is just no room,as it is a 1 way driveway in and out of underground carpark) on to busy road. So we took our boat home before we came to the Mount.
So you can imagine our suprise 1 day when we came to go out and the main drive is being blocked by a 4wd and boat, not once but 3 times this particluar boat was blocking the drive, which means you had to park in some1 else's park until they moved to be able to go in and out of the underground carpark.When i questioned the office i was told these were very good customers who had been coming for many years...Right so different rules for different customers.
Anyway our stay was extremely noisy (as to be expected New Years at the Mount) wouldnt attempt it again.And our unit desperately needed new blinds and a new couch. The couch was collapsing in the middle (it was a sofa bed,very uncomfortable to sleep on) and the wooden blind cords were so worn you could barely pull them up or down.
Reception were always helpful and friendly and also the security guard that came daily seeing it was New years, did his very best to keep the noisy teens in order.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the feedback. The owner of the boat turned up and one of my receptionists okayed the boat without my approval. Yes, they are a regular guest and are returning again for this coming new years. I have told them that we will not be able to accommodate the boat this year. I have also talked to the receptionists to never allow this for any guest again because I agree that it was not ideal for our other guests. We have got a lot more strict for this coming new years after parents booked the room and left their teens to party without supervision. This year they will be evicted on the spot if this happens. I will be working with the owners in August regarding the upgrading of furniture and blinds. Some owners have already started replacing their furniture. Thanks for letting me know your concerns