“Totally inviting”
Review of Latitude 37

Latitude 37
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You'll find us in the heart of downtown Mount Maunganui, unmistakable frontage of schist stone with a gas torches a blaze.Open for dinner or just bar snacks. Relax at one of our street-side tables along Maunganui Road, inside the decor of natural timber, stone, and fire, feel a warm glow beside one of our two schist clad open fires, or bask in the sun in our courtyard.Our cuisine is best described as classic with a contemporary style and an innovative touch. Our menu is re-created seasonally by our passionate international chefs who collaborate on ideas to create exceptional new dishes.
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“Totally inviting”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The newly renovated Latitude 37 is a credit to the owners and their staff. So welcoming, great service and meals. Would have to say that this Restaurant is right up there and is an asset to Mount Maunganui

• Visited August 2013

Rotorua, New Zealand
“Exceptional Ambiance/Good Food/Great Service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This restaurant had everything i look for, in a good restaurant. The ambiance was warm and relaxed perfect for Sunday dinner. Everyone at the table was appreciating the food they ordered. I had Sea Food Chowder to start with and Lamb Shank for mains and i loved it. Lady who was attending to our table was very welcoming and had great humor, excellent service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant/bar to everyone.

• Visited July 2013
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Great food & fantastic staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We called in last at 7.45pm Saturday night on the off chance there might be a table, despite knowing this bar has the sport channels and on screen, NZ was playing the 3rd test match against France.(which we won).We secured the last table ,and were warned that there would be up to an hour wait as it was a full house.
That was fine with us, we were seated and the best service we have had at any restaurant in a good while commenced. Our drinks & dinner orders taken ,the lovely server made sure our water was constantly topped up, drinks re ordered ,no waiting for any of those. We had a lovely bread entre to keep the hunger pains at bay.
We waited 50 minutes for our dinner and it was worth the wait.
My medium steak was cooked perfectly , and my partners fish was very good.
We would definitely go to this bar & restaurant again.
'Well done Latitiude, you have great food and fantastic staff'

• Visited June 2013
Lake Karapiro
“Superb Duck”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have never had a bad experience at Latitude 37. Whether it's the duck, the fish or one of the many red meat dishes, all are prepared and cooked with love and attention to quality.

• Visited May 2013
Tauranga, New Zealand
“I Love this Restaurant!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband & I had made a reservation for a 1.30pm lunch & we finally arrived at Latitude half an hour late! Not a problem despite the restaurant being decidedly busy with a large group celebrating a birthday party.

We were given a warm welcome & shown to our table, I mentioned to the waitress that we had a Grab1 voucher ($34 for up to the value of $69. 2 x lunch meals & 2 x wines or 2 x beers) I asked her if we could exchange our drinks for non-alcoholic drinks, all good & our drinks arrived promptly. Our waitress was non-obtrusive, attentive & super-efficient:)

We ordered Coromandel steamed New Zealand green lip mussels, in a smoked bourbon
tomato & cream sauce, served with ciabatta. $20 1 dozen. The waitress brought out extra plates, finger-bowls, so we could both partake of this delicious meal. I love mussels & this most certainly lived up to my expectations.. mussels steamed to perfection & the opportunity to dip freshly baked bread into the yummy sauce - very "more-ish".

Next on the menu.. Massaman Curry, Chicken thigh poached in a mild coconut sauce with tamarind, kaffir lime, lemongrass & cashews. Served with jasmine rice & papadum. $22. We both shared this & are still raving about how beautifully spiced it was, such delicate flavours and so aromatic.

We also had the Fish & Chips (which we both shared of course;)) fish cooked perfectly & flaked off the fork most fetchingly with a perfectly crisped batter. Nice fresh salad.
Nice Big Portions of everything.. we went away, fully sated.

Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere & what can I say about the decor?.. I Love IT.
Friendly, helpful person processed our payment with our Grab1 voucher & we continued on our merry way. We will be back..

• Visited June 2013