All reviews wheelchair access ground floor studio location location location hot pools room key great spot mod cons first floor stayed for nights one bedroom apartment spa pool would stay here again across the road main beach foggy flaky cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

DISQUSTING AND UNACCEPTABLE

I had to make an emergency trip to the hospital mid pre engagement plans with my 6 month year son.
I almost pulled the pin on the hole trip after the disqusting response received by receptionist.
I rung at the earliest opportunity to cancel as I had to take my son to the hospital.
I've explained the sensitivity of this situation and I have been given absolutely no refund. Staff have been extremely rude and I've had to initiate a formal complaint.
I'm also going to Newshub they won't to hear how I've been treated over a sick infant. From a 5 start establishment, this is unacceptable.
Beware. This company had no heart over a 6 month year old sick infant.
Was only $140 that's a weeks groceries for small new family.
What's that to you 5 star oceanside?
This will be on some form of media.
That's my job.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan M
OceansideResort, Guest Relations Manager at Oceanside Resort & Twin Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your feedback. Now for our side of the story...
Firstly it wasn't you that had made the booking. You wrote this on behalf of your brother in law Matthew and we are truely sorry to hear about the situation as we have communicated to you before.
Our policy for reservations made on Booking.Com is a non-refundable pay upon booking type. In saying that we are flexible when it comes to extenuating circumstances. When Matthew advised us of the situation with short notice, we offered him a credit of the same amount which he could’ve used for accommodation with us at any time in the foreseeable future. This he flatly refused. We are most understanding & sympathetic of personal situations that are out of our control and that is why we offered this. When Matthew first booked he made contact with us to change the date which we accommodated and also he mentioned it was for an engagement; so as we pride ourselves on superior customer service and exceeding the customer's expectations; we decided to give Matthew a complimentary upgrade to a beautiful ocean view suite!
Aside from this negative review; over the past couple of weeks you have sent numerous follow up emails requesting a call from the manager which have gradually become more concerning and stressful for our team. We have made the decision not to ring you as we prefer email communication. After trying to reach out to you on a couple of occasions, it became clear to us that your approach was very aggressive in manner. Here at Oceanside, we understand that customers can be angry about the issues they have raised in their complaint. If that anger leads to aggression towards our staff, we consider that unacceptable and operate a “zero tolerance” approach. We did reply initially explaining the situation which you did not accept. After this you have sent a number of threatening & unreasonable emails.
We stopped communication with you once we realised the aggression and threats you were making against our business and staff which ultimately left us feeling uncomfortable.

Even after reading your intentions, we wish you the best of luck with your endeavours and once again apologise for the inconvenience caused to Matthew and his family.

Warmest Regards,
Oceanside Management

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Don’t normally leave reviews. For the price I’d say, tired decor, tired staff, and the ironing board has been borrowed from my daughters play set. You can use it on the floor or in the sink. Almost checked out on the first morning, but was told I’ve have something to iron shirts on by the evening. When I got in I was told you can use the laundry area to do ironing. Thanks but no thanks. Airbnb next trip!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Two bedroom apartment in Tower 1 very spacious and had all the luxuries of home however very disappointed that the sauna and gym were closed and were not advised at time of booking.
Pool area very basic and due to redevelopment of gym area not accessible for those staying in Tower 1 and we were expected to walk outside on the street in front of cafes/tower 2 and back through side gate to access pool which was very inconvenient. This was however looked into upon second complaint.
Customer service on the front desk not the greatest. Had to wait over 15mins at checkout for the $150 refund of room bond which was refunded back into my account however there was confusion as to how this was done and due to clerical area was refunded as a cheque into account which meant refund was not instant rather had a three day clearance.
Overall if attending a slsnz event at the Main beach the location is the best.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Clean and very spacious apartment with fabulous views. Large deck to sit out and soak it all in. Well equipped. Only missed 5* review as internet a bit flakey. Great beach and amenities all on hand with terrific walk up the mount starts just over the street.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2019

Nice, spacious rooms but rather expensive. Kingsingle beds in 2nd room would be appreciated as singles not that suitable for adults or teenagers. Close to shopping centre 800m stroll. Certainly could do with a facelift. Lots of eating places below on street. Great views of sea or port depending what side you are on. The Mount is a great place to visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family