Baywatch Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
$109
$103
Hotels.com
$150
Seagulls Guesthouse(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
$48
The Pacific Apartments(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
$130
$126
  • Pool
Boatshed Motel Apartments Mt. Maunganui(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
$94
$91
Orbitz.com
Blue Wave Motel(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
$98
$83
Aquarius Motor Inn(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
$94
$90
Blue Haven Motel(Mount Maunganui)(Great Value!)
$77
$74
$130
$126
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat location rightlocation location locationroom keymod consswimming poolthe ground floorhot poolsacross the roadthe kitchenfoggycleanersfootcouchcookinggymmtaccommodation
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We stayed at the resort over Queens Birthday weekend in one of the apartments. Not a cheap exercise but it was a special treat for my sister who had recently lost her husband. The apartment was OK dated but clean and tidy BUT the parking in the basement is a disaster. Too close and almost no space to back out safely. First night parked safely as the basement was mostly empty, second night had to park on the road as there was no way we could get the car into the allocated space. Third night again almost empty but when we went to leave in the morning the space was so tight scraped the side of the car against one of the pillars. When I spoke to reception was told that the parking spaces were poorly designed and she was sorry and hoped it hadn't taken the shine off our stay - and the manager wasn't the least bit interested. IF YOU STAYE HERE DONT PARK IN THE BASEMENT AND IN FACT GO TO THE APARTMENTS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD THEIR PARKING IS SUPERIOR AND THE UNITS ARE MORE MODERN. It wasn't the damage so much that upset me so much but the management couldn't care less attitude.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely, new property, right at the foot of Mt Maunganui. The rooms and bathroom are spacious and comfortable.
The location is excellent, right near several restaurants and the start of the trail for the mountain. We were able to rise early and climb the mountain to view sunrise from the top.
My only quibble is that the WiFi was very flaky - cutting in and out.
I would definitely return, if only for the great location.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Great location for the mount, beach and hot pools. Staff seem friendly enough. Our room was on the ground floor by reception overlooking the road, away from the beach, so probably one of the rooms to avoid. Room was big but the mattress far too soft.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2018

Visited Tauranga as part of a business trip and stayed at this hotel/motel for one night. The locations is marvelous, as it is right by the beach and Mt. Maunganui itself, but also about 10 minutes’ walk away from the main stretch of town, where most of the restaurants, bars, and office buildings were.

A note that the reception is not open for 24 hours, and since I needed to check-in after 8pm, and check-out before 7am the next day, the reception gave me a call to make the necessary arrangements for the pickup and drop off of the room key.

The common areas of the hotel were clean and well decorated, but time is need to get used to the many turns in the corridors. I must admit, I had gotten lost a couple of times during my short stay. My booking was for a “Resort one-bedroom apartment ocean view”, but I was staying on a low floor and so the so-called sea-view was mostly blocked by other infrastructure. Fortunate for me though, I was never in my room in the day, so the view did not matter at all.

The room itself was huge. Reasonably sized bedroom, with a large living room and sitting area. Well-furnished as well with a kitchen. Décor, seems to be a bit dated, but cleanliness was good overall. There were also two bathrooms, one of which, had a jet tub. There was also an air-conditioning unit in the living room, but not for the bedroom.

Overall, with a huge room for one a good stay. While it lacked any wow factor or attempt to impress, it served its purpose well, and so my stay was quite satisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

The location is right on the beach overlooking the famous Mount Maunganui at the end of Maunganui Rd.
The hotel offers either family, larger rooms in the Twin Towers or smaller boutique rooms overlooking the gardens and the pool.
I was here for 2 nights and I had a room overlooking the gardens which was large and spacious with a huge TV, queen size bed, lounge, table & kitchenette. All of the mod cons were available with free wifi and bathroom that was catered for wheelchair access.
Couldn’t fault the room or the service as they also offer free car parking. If I was being picky the only slight criticism is that the bathroom is in need of a refurbishment and the bed a little bit too soft for my liking.

There are eateries close by however I preferred the 10 minute walk in to town.
Overall a great stay with friendly staff.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business