“Excellent views and harbor tour”
Review of Kewpie Cruises

Kewpie Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$20.51*
and up
1-Hour Tauranga Harbour Scenic Cruise from Mount...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Welcome to the Bay of Plenty best value scenic tour. This is fantastic opportunity for families with young children as kids under 12 travel FREE. Cruise through the vibrant port, the shipping activity, and islands of Tauranga harbour. Bring a picnic and hop on-off at Matakana Island to explore the island or have a swim. Occasionally you may see some seasonal wildlife on your cruise like blue penguins, sea birds, NZ fur seals, orcas, dolphins. This cruise is popular with everyone, local Tauranga residents and visitors from all over New Zealand and overseas. It is relaxing and easy aboard the iconic KEWPIE. Located at PILOT BAY WHARF at the base of Mt Maunganui.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Kewpie is an old kauri boat. The staff were friendly and fun to talk with. On the short tour we saw many blue penguins fishing and cavorting as well as dolphins. Good to learn some of the history of the area as well as see Mount Manganui from the water. Great family option too.

All reviews
"mount"
in 20 reviews
"sights"

Reviewed June 14, 2018

I was in the Mount over the long Waitangi weekend with my 87 year old Mother who loves this town and loves the sea. Sadly, after her hip operation, she has limited mobility and no longer can swim. So we decided to go on the Scenic cruise in the inner Tauranga Harbour. When this beautiful boat arrived, my heart sunk - there was no way Mum could get on board. But Dave the Captain performed a miracle - firstly, he assured Mum that she can do it and then he got her on board with a more-than-a little help from himself and another passenger. We had the best experience possible - beautiful boat, beautiful sea, beautiful scenery and absolutely superb crew (Dave and Hannah). Dave provided narration about the area, history, flora and fauna. He spotted a seal and positioned the boat in such a way that we all had "the best seats in the theater". We also enjoyed a drink or two from a small bar on board. Dave's love for the area and pride for his boat only added to the experience. This is a true wholly-hearted Kiwi hospitality at its best. We could not thanked Dave and Hannah enough. I recommend this trip and am sure you will not regret it. There is also an option to get off the boat on a lovely island for a picnic on a beach, or a walk and then you can return on one of the next trips during the day.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

One of the more interesting activities in the suburb of Mount Maunganui and a great way to take in amazing views of the Mount. I happened to be the only passenger for one of the cruises on 22 April and I assumed the staff were going to just put me on the next departing cruise, but to my delight they went ahead with it and I got to enjoy a mini "private cruise" experience! It was a really nice touch and made the cruise more memorable. It was great fun chatting to the two friendly staff (whose names I have forgotten unfortunately), taking pictures from the ship's bow and enjoying all the free space on the ship. The harbour was actually choppier than the sea that day so we stayed a little further out, allowing for great shots of the Mount, Matakana Island and container ships leaving the harbour. It was great to see the statue of Tangaroa as well.

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

A great day out on the harbour with history and sights and a way to entertain the kids at the end of their holiday. Great value for money.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

The cruise was a lovely hour for me and my 7 year old grand daughter. We were blessed with fabulous weather which was a bonus. The 2 young men who were skipper and crew were helpful and pleasant, allowing us up to the bow for a wonderful view. The commentary was just right..not too many facts but adding interest to the trip.
We took a lunchbox and enjoyed that in our midday cruise. There is a bar on board and my gran daughter suggested that mysrlf and Grandad do the cruise on our anniversary.
Thanks Kewpie Cruises- I will recommend you.