“Can't beat the location!”

Pavilion Beachfront Boutique Hotel
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at The Pavilion recently after we happened to walk in off the street in hope of an impromtue stay. The female manager was very friendly and helpful offering us a choice of two rooms they had left, in which we took the 1bdrm apartment on the 3rd floor. We werent in the beach front rooms (out of our price range) but instead on the side which still had a nice view from our balcony over to the beach. The rooms are well equipped and tidy, and have everything you need, however think more 4-star than 5. The bathroom is small compared to the size of the apartment, with a shower only, however had the necessities. There is a separate laundry cupboard with a washing machine and dryer should you need it during your stay. There is also air con in the kitchen area, and a ceiling fan in the bedroom. You can't get a better location as its located directly across from the main beach enabling you to just park your car in the secure carpark and explore this beautiful place!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pavilion Beachfront Boutique Hotel

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed two nights in a two room apartment, at $300per night, which we considered reasonable for five-star accomodation. The room was well set out, but could certainly do with updating. The view was wonderful. The service was non-existent after 6pm, literally. The rooms are not serviced and if you require more than the three sachets of milk each, provided on arrival, you must pay for them, and collect them from reception, no later than 6pm, after which, I assume you just have to develop a taste for black coffee. Likewise with the coffee, tea etc. On our second morning, (check out) we had to have cold showers. When I mentioned this to the owner, he replied that he too, had had to suffer the shock of cold water, as something had blown out, apparently this happens regularly, and that it's back on now. I pointed out that that didn't help us, and he shrugged! I wouldn't stay here again, and am used to far superior service in even lower rated accomodation, in every country that I've travelled to.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. I suspect they are self-rated.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kathleen h
Tony and Raewyn B, Owner at Pavilion Beachfront Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thanks to Kathleen H for their response. As the owner Manager of our beachfront complex, I would like to respond as we do not like to read that a client has had a troubling experience.Sometimes nature plays a part in disrupting our lives, and in this case it completed this by way of blowing the gas flame out in the heater that keeps the gas hot water cylinder for the complex at its shower tempreture. We have since had the plumbing company look at being able to form a sheild around it without interfaring with the ventilation that it requires. Regarding our room introductory items, the office hours and the non serviced apartments, clients are aware of all this prior to reserving their accommodation, as it is explained either on our website or by us personally, plus within the room compendium. We look forward to their return, and we will make sure that they enjoy the future stays. Kind regards
Tony. Owner/Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Pavilion Beachfront Boutique Hotel again, this would be my 4th visit in the last two years and as always it was a fantastic experience.We stayed in one of the front units on the second floor this time around and it was a stunning view to wake up to each morning of the Mount beach and surf. The hospitality and service that Tony and Raywyn as managers provide is great always feel very welcomed. I have travelled extensively nationally and internationally and I would have to say the Pavilions is one of my favorite places in the world to stay. Cant wait to return again this summer.

Room Tip: Cant beat the front rooms for view but all the accommodation is great and the location to the beach...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Great reception, welcomed in like old friends rather than new customers. Had the option of 2 different rooms, went for street level. Easy breakfast next door at Blu. Easy walk to hot pools. A nice family break away. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Tony and Raewyn B, Owner at Pavilion Beachfront Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Megnz
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return visit

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed in a 2br apartment last Tuesday. Advertised as 5 star but really only 4, i was content to pay the $350 they wanted per night as i hadn't booked and did a walk in.
This place is run by a husband and wife, the gentleman was very helpful, he opened up the apartment whilst we got the bags out of the car, turned on the lights, tv etc. When my mate and I were about to leave the reception desk and head upstairs, the woman behind the counter made some quip about "are you sure two queen beds are what you want and not a king single?"
I assured her that 2 beds were what i had requested when i asked of an availabilty and that 2 queens would be perfect. As for her inuendo, I just let i roll. I was on holiday and not in the mood for getting upset with her.
In the morning, we had decided to do a load of washing. Near the end of the dry cycle and at 10:18am the woman rang and said we had to leave. i explained we were just waiting for the dryer as what my friend wanted to wear was still in there. I asked for 15 minutes. She said no, you can have 5. She was rude and hostile. I have never been spoken to like that by anyone in hospitality and i stay in atleast 20 hotel per year. I asked her to be a little more reasonable as it was a Tuesday after a long weekend and I'd paid top dollar but she said no.
We threw the clothes into a plastic bag and headed to the laundromat. On check out I told her how rude she had been. She came from around the counter and came up to my face and told me to be quiet and listen to her... explaining that she hadn't charged me the $50 late check out fee..... what for 18 minutes? (anywhere else on the planet get you from 1pm - 3pm if you pay.)
As we drove out, she peeked out of her window and seemed to be writing down the registration plate of our hire car (just ridiculous). THIS WOMAN SHOULDN'T BE DEALING WITH THE PUBLIC... THINK SYBIL FAWLTY IN FAWLTY TOWERS

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank steveinbyron

Dear Sir,
We have seen your comments, as you suggested we watch for upon your departure. Though not factual, it does disappoint us that you left unsatisfied, when you were so happy to have been able to stay in our five star fully self-contained, apartment complex with its full ocean views.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We purchased a deal for two nights in an apartment from Grabone but would happily return and pay the full price. We had an ocean view apartment which was fab.
The apartment was clean and well furnished with everything you need if you wanted to self cater.
Location was great. The apartments are right next to The Mount and Hot Pools and there are some good restaurants right on your door step.
Owners were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have just checked out, and want to turn straight back around. We stayed in the Penthouse Apartment and while other accomodation may claim to have penthouse suites The Pavillion certainly offers a true penthouse experience with sweeping views of the beach and beyond, very well appointed with top notch fittings. Wonderful service and we will most certainly be back. This has to be THE place to stay at the Mount.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#5 of 19 in Mount Maunganui
Belle Mer Beachfront Apartments
Belle Mer Beachfront Apartments
#8 of 19 in Mount Maunganui

Been to Pavilion Beachfront Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!