“Chowder is the king” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Coffee Club

The Coffee Club
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Chowder is the king”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived as a group of 8 adults + 2 infants and the staff were very accommodating to us...kids aren't always welcome.

They joined a few tables together and we were set. I had the seafood chowder, fantastic, chunky and a big serving too.

Others had soup of day and burgers and they were well received by them.

Good coffee too.

• Visited July 2013

Hastings
“Coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great coffee, didn't mind serving me when I arrived right on closing time

We find the food too expensive especially lunch time food

Coffee is always good and we always look for Coffee Club no matter where we travel in NZ or Australia

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Masterton, New Zealand
“Food good but service slack”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here a few days ago. There was 4 of us, the place wasn't very busy. Two members of our group received their meals pretty quick whilst the other waited a good 10 minutes longer. I hate it when half a table is served before the others! The staff were polite enough but we felt a bit ignored. The food was fine.

• Visited May 2013
Taupo, New Zealand
“25 mins. turned onto 40 mins.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

It was a Sunday brunch (10.00am) at this prime spot under the Mountain at Mount Maunganui.
My wife ordered eggs benedict with baby spinach and mushrooms $19. I ordered a Classic being scrambled egg, bacon, tomatoes and toast $17 plus 2 coffees. I paid and was told the coffee would be 10 min. and the food would be 25 min. The coffee arrived in 20mins. and the food 40mins.
Not only was the food 25 minutes late but my Classic was pathetic. Over cooked rubbery scrambled egg and enough for a mouse, the bacon was under ration and I got half a small tomato. The plate was full of buttered toast. What a complete rip off. I suggested to the waiter that a complimentary coffee would be ice in view of the wait, not to mention the scraps on my plate. The comp. coffee came 20 minutes later which was coffee to go fortunately and we went..... never to return. Credit to the waiter...an apology and the comp. coffee helped but really 'Mr Coffee Club the Mount' owner....get your act together in the kitchen. Lesson for me....go to a place where you pay after receiving the goods....not before.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Whanganui, NZ
“Good breakfast food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our large group recently had two breakfasts at this cafe. We pre-ordered the cooked breakfasts which must have helped because I was impressed at the speed and efficiency. Our meals were delivered quite promptly and the very friendly staff managed to cope with all the moving around as people table-swapped. It was nice to be greeted with a smile and helpful service at 7am in the morning.

The food was good too, a larger than usual range of cooked breakfasts with the odd different dish for interest.

• Visited March 2013