“Nice place for lunch”
Review of Number 8 Cafe - CLOSED

Number 8 Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: We regret to advise that No.8 Cafe, Restaurant & Bar, is now closed due to our lease expiring!!Thank you to all my supporters and regular customers over the past year it was so lovely to have you all come and enjoy our great range of food we had to offer. I wish you all well for the future and thanks again for your support. Regards Kirsty-Restaurant Owner/ Manager
Papamoa, New Zealand
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had lunch here with my husband. Service was really good although I have to say that it was also very quiet at the time - maybe only a couple of others in the restaurant. Thought that the lunch menu was very basic, not a huge selection to choose from, but we had a steak sandwich and fish, both of which could not be faulted. The portions weren't huge but were definitely adequate for lunch.

• Visited March 2013
baygirl8, Owner at Number 8 Cafe, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We are glad you had a nice lunch and great service, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to the next time you visit!

• Korean first
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“great service and food”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

i really enjoyed my night. food was outstanding and service was really friendly. located in a nice lilttle spot under the pacific apartments away from the crowed beach front. waitress was really great explained the menu and suggested a nice bottle of wine.

baygirl8, Owner at Number 8 Cafe, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I agree the locations great and our food is excellent too. I will definitely pass this feedback on to my staff. Thank you taking the time to write us feedback. I look forward to your next visit
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Good food. Good Service. Good location”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food was excellent, service was good, they were quite busy as it was a public holiday, but warned us of a slight wait on the food, but we were told upon arrival, which was good.
Had the lamb racks, which were fantastic, and a good wine selection.

• Visited January 2013
baygirl8, Owner at Number 8 Cafe, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I agree our lamb rack dish is delicious, I'm glad you enjoyed your evening and I appreciate you feedback. It is always good to hear when my staff have delivered excellent service and kept the customers informed. we are always improving our service and we thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit
Canterbury Region, New Zealand
“Best buffet”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Totally loved this restaurant. Dined here while staying at the langham. I loved the whole experience of having my food cooked in front of me, and with so much variety and options you can try so many different foods.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Trish M
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Not up to much”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Found this restaurant to be very disappointing. My husband thought we'd give it a try since it was close to where we were staying but guess we should have known by how empty it was that it wasn't going to be good. I was keen to try it as I have a group of friends to take out for dinner later this month and had thought Number 8 could be a good option. Well sadly it's not and we won't be going there. Our meal was very average and not at all what I would expect for the prices they charge (read not cheap!) Seafood chowder was so hot (seemed like it may have been nuked in the microwave) that it couldn't be eaten for ages and getting a burnt mouth was not a pleasant experience. Breads and dips were ok although nothing marvellous and scallop entree appeared to have had the scallops incinerated as they were barely recognisable, almost non existent. Chicken breast wrapped in bacon was the only enjoyable part of the meal. Dessert was dreadful, fruit salad with some sort of grainy custard (custard should always be velvety smooth!) and overwhipped cream in a cocktail glass that was nearly overflowing making it very difficult to eat. Not impressed and wouldn't rush back. Service from our young waitress was good and she was certainly trying hard but unfortunately it won't matter how hard she tries if the food isn't good.

• Visited January 2013