Book In Advance
Tours from Dolphin Seafaris tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $76.38
from $112.25
from $165.39
More Info
All reviews an amazing experience swim with the dolphins common dolphins saw dolphins hammerhead shark beautiful creatures dolphins including knowledgeable crew free swim natural environment sea life great trip early start lifetime experience wet suits these guys highly recommend this tour
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

It was absolutely amazing! All my hopes and dreams have been more than fulfilled!

After some time we found a small pot of dolphins with wich we had a good amount of time to take all the pictures we wanted as they came so close to the boat. It was my first time seeing them in nature and I already was the happiest I could be.

We continued our journey as the pot was too small to swim with and found a seal on our way to the next pot! A cute little seal- how amazing! The crew was phenomenal and so spontaneous that they allowed us to free swim with it!

A few minutes before we arrived at the location of a huge dolphin pot we also saw some hammer head sharks. Just as elegant as dolphins- just a bit more scary..

The friendly two staff members Lizzie and Sarah made sure everyone was prepared and ready to go into the water as soon as the Skipper Jessie let us arrive just next to the dolphins.

We got into the water as fast as possible and saw the dolphins playing with each other. I’ve got into the water a total of three times and each time I saw them. It was like a dream and so different then just seeing them from off a boat.

Not only seeing and swimming with dolphins but also with a seal.. what more could I possibly ask for?

Also the Staff was so well prepared and so nice! Answering all the questions, having prepared a good amount of drinks, cookies and fruit and making sure that everyone was feeling fine.

A huge thank you goes out to Jessie, Lizzie, Sarah and the team behind Dolphin Seafaris! You gave me the best day ever and am awesome ending for my time in Tauranga.

If you’re thinking of going out on the ocean, I would definitely advice you to do it with these guys. I couldn’t have asked for more. THANK YOU!

Date of experience: February 2019
Dolphin S, Manager at Dolphin Seafaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2019

Hi Marla,
Thank you for taking the time to review your Dolphin Tour with us. We are so happy you were able to come out with us and have such an amazing experience. It really is something extraordinary encountering these wonderful creatures we have in the Bay of Plenty.
Good luck on your travels and we hope to see you again when you are back in Tauranga.

Reviewed January 30, 2019 via mobile

I got this for myself and my daughter for Christmas and it was truely the most amazing day! We both loved it so much! We didn’t get to swim with the dolphins but we saw a pod with over 100 dolphins. Seriously worth every dollar! The staff are extremely well informed and happy to chat. They assisted my daughter in the water when we got to swim with a seal so that I too could get the full experience. Such an amazing day! Highly recommend!

Date of experience: January 2019
Dolphin S, Manager at Dolphin Seafaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

Thank you so much for coming out with us on our Dolphin Tour and for your wonderful review. We are so happy you and your daughter had an amazing day with the dolphins and seal! It was such a great day to be on the ocean, especially with people like yourselves onboard.
Thank you again for taking the time to review your trip with us.

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Our family - 2 adults, 8 yr old son and 7 yr old daughter - went on the dolphin watching experience and had an amazing time.

We saw lots of dolphins (about 100!) and other wild life (including a shark and a penguin). Going in the water was amazing.

The staff were awesome - great skipper and team. They worked tirelessly to make sure we had an amazing experience and were very attentive to our children. Lots of fun, information and laughs.

Thanks to the Seafari team for the most amazing family experience.

My daughter said “That’s the best thing we ever did!”.

1  Thank JIB_20000
Dolphin S, Manager at Dolphin Seafaris, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Dear James,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your day out with us. We always try our hardest to make sure our passengers get the best possible experience and it's families like yours that makes our days so much more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

I agree with BB1975 review in regards to the so called swimming part. Not what we or others who I spoke with thought it would be.

Very unpleasant experience being dragged behind in the boat wake, practically being drowned. This is not swimming with dolphins by any stretch of the imagination. Nor did we see any. Stick to the viewing, forget getting in the water.

The day was fine, the boat was roomy, we did see 3 very small pods of dolphins, that's just the luck of the draw. The female staff were lovely but the skipper was a bit of a pillock.

I wouldn't recommend this experience to others.

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you were able to go away with some nice memories of the beautiful wild dolphins we were able to find for you.

I am sorry but there really is no need for name calling. The skipper and crew work very hard making sure we can show you the amazing Common Dolphins.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views.

Kindeste,

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

We went out with Dolphin Seafaris last week. The crew were great, very knowledgeable about Dolphins and the local area and excellent with all the children on board. We saw 4 pods of dolphins, 2 pods of common dolphins and 2 pods of bottle nose dolphins during the 5 hr trip. Fortunately we got to see pods with babies which was really special but it also means you are not allowed to swim when there are babies in the pod. The crew tried hard to find us a pod we could swim with but no luck. It didn’t really spoil the experience at all as we really got quite close to all the pods and had a great opportunity to see them in their natural environment. Thanks to the crew for a great experience.

1  Thank Jacqui S
Dolphin S, Manager at Dolphin Seafaris, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Thank you for such a wonderful review! That was one special day indeed. And thank you for acknowledging how incredibly lucky we all are to be able to spend time with these amazing creatures. We were sorry we could not get any of our passengers in the water that day, but what a view we all had from the boat.
Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you back on the water with us again.

Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

We had an awesome day with a very friendly and professional crew. They knew so much about New Zeeland wildlife and water creatures in particular. There were plenty of snacks and drinks and great service. It was hard to find dolphins this day and the hopes to see any slowly faded. And then finally!! The crew is communicating with other boats and over the radio they succeeded to locate a pod of 25-30 common dolphins. They were really fast ones (hunting for food) but we were lucky enough to both see them and swim with them! A lifelong dream came through!

Date of experience: December 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We love sharing our passion for the ocean and showing you how incredibly lucky we are to be able to get so close to the marine wildlife in the Bay of Plenty.
We hope you have enjoyed the rest of your travels in New Zealand and please come see us again when you come back.