“These people should NOT BE in hospitality”

The Terraces At Ocean Beach
The Terraces At Ocean Beach
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“These people should NOT BE in hospitality”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What terrible 'hosts' they have no idea about moteling, managed apartments or what ever they call this place. Both these characters actually should work as parking wardens as they spend most of their day abusing guests either park too far left right out. How do folk like these get into hospitality!! Shocking examples for our valued overseas visitors. Some kid has hand written signs all about the place, their management is going to kill what could be a reasonable place to stay...but not for us!!!

Room Tip: A tip is stay where you are appreciated - down the road
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank peter n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

When I looked at the web site alarm bells should have started ringing. It doesn't say much & it doesn't have a gallery of photographs. Now I know why.

She (who must be obeyed) is very rude & sure does like to make 'her problem' 'your problem'!

There maybe a notice in the kitchenette with the 'house' rules on advising you to clean everything before you leave & during your stay to eliminate the ants. But it maybe a good idea to have everything cleaned before your guests arrive. I had to clean the fridge of varying food debris before I felt comfortable putting anything in there. The kitchen cupboards were greasy & covered with ants. And don't get me started on the dishes!!!!!

Everything seemed to be coated with something very unpleasant. My antibacterial cloths were black when I'd gone over all the furniture & the bathroom. I have absolutely no doubt, the cobwebs will still be there long after our departure because I refused to deep clean the whole place.

Despite all the issues, it is handy for the beach & the Bayfair. The laundry facilities are very handy. The kitchen is well appointed & the lounge area is very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sproutie07

Travelers are raving about these Mount Maunganui hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this motel through Wotif for an Easter stay. I immediately received a phone call from Trish to advise that the motel wouldn't accept my booking as it was only for one nights accommodation. She was very rude to me and tried to make "her problem" "my problem". After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I am glad she refused to accept my booking. Thankfully Wotif were very professional in my dealings with me and have refunded my money. Would never stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Susan P
NYC
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great Location! Friendly staff. Basic but very nice décor inside, dishwasher, washer & dryer facilities provided. Not all rooms had TV's but nice set up in living room. Had to walk through garage to get to 3rd bedroom, which was less convenient. Beach towels were provided in each room which was a definite plus. Had a little trouble receiving calls from outside the country if hotel staff were not around (even during day). Also, some websites claim that internet is free - its not. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hamilton
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed there with the family and my girls loved it. The three levels is a real advantage for families and allow for plenty of privacy. Everything was well maintained and we were provided with everything we asked for. Certainly recommend it. Nice and close to Bayfair shops and Baywave complex. Nice and quiet and good cooking facilities etc.Comfortable and modern lounge suite.
Upstairs room had nice ocean view.

Room Tip: Rooms all get the benefit of quiet location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 26, 2012

the place has a great location just 1 mnt from the beach and the rooms are fine, but what really let me down and made me hate every second of my stay is the manager lady.
she is old and bitter and enjoys making u suffer.
i really felt like im here to please her and not the other way.
i would never stay there again and ill recomend anyone who thinks about going there to stay in an other hotel.

Room Tip: best room would be in a different place
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Shai G
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying here for a few weeks with a colleague as I was moving house and needed a stopgap stay between tenancies. Within two days I was interrogated as to why things were being stored (neatly stacked) in the garage despite explaining why I was there and then was humiliatingly shouted up from an upstairs balcony infront of one of my seniors at work as to why they were staying there, when I had already informed the hosts they would be.

However poor customer service skills were taken to a new height when the hosts reduced me to tears upon moving out. I was moving out more suddenly than expected due to an unexpected emergency involving a close friend in Auckland, which despite my visible distress was not cue for sympathy or understanding but instead to be hounded for the upcoming weeks rent. (This was subsequently then taken with no notice off of my credit card which I had left the details of in good faith to cover as a bond, there were no damages upon exiting)

Frankly I would rather sleep on the beach or the street than deal with the hosts again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TWkiwi8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Maunganui
Boatshed Motel Apartments Mt. Maunganui
Boatshed Motel Apartments Mt. Ma...
#11 of 13 in Mount Maunganui
#1 of 2 in Papamoa
Gateway Motor Inn
Gateway Motor Inn
#10 of 13 in Mount Maunganui

Been to The Terraces At Ocean Beach? Share your experiences!