“Where was the customer service?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Terraces At Ocean Beach

The Terraces At Ocean Beach
The Terraces At Ocean Beach
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Where was the customer service?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this motel through Wotif for an Easter stay. I immediately received a phone call from Trish to advise that the motel wouldn't accept my booking as it was only for one nights accommodation. She was very rude to me and tried to make "her problem" "my problem". After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I am glad she refused to accept my booking. Thankfully Wotif were very professional in my dealings with me and have refunded my money. Would never stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Susan P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great Location! Friendly staff. Basic but very nice décor inside, dishwasher, washer & dryer facilities provided. Not all rooms had TV's but nice set up in living room. Had to walk through garage to get to 3rd bedroom, which was less convenient. Beach towels were provided in each room which was a definite plus. Had a little trouble receiving calls from outside the country if hotel staff were not around (even during day). Also, some websites claim that internet is free - its not. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hamilton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed there with the family and my girls loved it. The three levels is a real advantage for families and allow for plenty of privacy. Everything was well maintained and we were provided with everything we asked for. Certainly recommend it. Nice and close to Bayfair shops and Baywave complex. Nice and quiet and good cooking facilities etc.Comfortable and modern lounge suite.
Upstairs room had nice ocean view.

Room Tip: Rooms all get the benefit of quiet location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

the place has a great location just 1 mnt from the beach and the rooms are fine, but what really let me down and made me hate every second of my stay is the manager lady.
she is old and bitter and enjoys making u suffer.
i really felt like im here to please her and not the other way.
i would never stay there again and ill recomend anyone who thinks about going there to stay in an other hotel.

Room Tip: best room would be in a different place
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Shai G

Travelers are raving about these Mount Maunganui hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying here for a few weeks with a colleague as I was moving house and needed a stopgap stay between tenancies. Within two days I was interrogated as to why things were being stored (neatly stacked) in the garage despite explaining why I was there and then was humiliatingly shouted up from an upstairs balcony infront of one of my seniors at work as to why they were staying there, when I had already informed the hosts they would be.

However poor customer service skills were taken to a new height when the hosts reduced me to tears upon moving out. I was moving out more suddenly than expected due to an unexpected emergency involving a close friend in Auckland, which despite my visible distress was not cue for sympathy or understanding but instead to be hounded for the upcoming weeks rent. (This was subsequently then taken with no notice off of my credit card which I had left the details of in good faith to cover as a bond, there were no damages upon exiting)

Frankly I would rather sleep on the beach or the street than deal with the hosts again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TWkiwi8
Ashkelon, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

the Apartment is very nice and comfortable and located in a great location.
But the hosts are rude, and really bad in guest service; it seems like we stay in a prison.
the host(old lady) talking loud and screaming- without no manners to the person shes
talking to.
really Disappointing.

Room Tip: do not try to go in the garage!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank tamis123
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have just come back from the above apartments @ Mount Maunganui ( 18 October - 22 October) . We read the previous reviews from guests & we don't know why all the negative feedback . We had no problem checking in or with the custodians / of the Apartments .

We stayed in number 8 and found the 3 level unit very clean & comfortabable . We were 2 adults and 2 kids ( 9&7). The beds were comfortable , we had enough bath towels & aswell as they provided us with swim towels which we used at the Hot Pools.

The first night we tried to have a bath and the hot water was luke warm , so we decided it would be better to shower which we did and the water was better ( i think they prefer people to shower as bathing takes too much water)

BAYFAIR MALL was around the corner , you could either walk or drive .

The apartments are accross the road from the beach , there is a ''walkway'' or beach access from the road ( past & in between the residentual homes) .

The Milano pizzaria which is located down the road ( walking distance ) we felt was overpriced and the food was average , we were very disapointed with the taste of the food and the price we had to pay for a meal for 4. The following night we went to the Cobb& Co in Tauranga & there you could see the food was of different quality. We did not mind paying a little extra for the quality of the food.

The apartments are situated a coupld of km's ( about 6) from the Mount, Hot Pools & main beach area, but it is a quick drive and then you are there . The mount and surrounding cafe's & eateries are great and the beach is beautiful.

IF you want to be DIRECTLY at the Mount & all the eateries I would suggest finding an apartment right there , then there is NO NEED to drive ...So the next time we book it would be closer .

Overall we were HAPPY with The Terraces , it was clean and very comfortable . We could not find anything wrong with it & like i said we cannot believe that people actually complained about The Terraces .

The Wheal Family

#9 of 13 in Mount Maunganui
Papamoa Beach Resort
Papamoa Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Papamoa

Been to The Terraces At Ocean Beach? Share your experiences!