“Truly Fabulous Tour”
Review of V8 Trike Tours

V8 Trike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the best tour experiences on the Mount by far! Certainly the most exhilarating way to see the beautiful Bay of Plenty. Our set tours start from a 25 minute ride taking you along our stunning beach and back through the town to a two and half hour breath taking overview of the whole region. Or you can hire them by the hour and go where you wish. the The trikes are extremely comfortable, stable and come with an experienced driver guide. Your safety is paramount to us and whilst it is not a legal requirement we have taken it upon ourselves to put our trikes through an independent mechanical & saftey inspection every 6 weeks to ensure the highest possible standards are met.
Reviewed April 2, 2017

My husband and I had booked this tour through TripAdvisor prior to setting off on a Princess Cruise out of Auckland. From the booking process right thro' to the tour on 23rd March 2017 was easy & straightforward and 'as promised'. Nigel and his helper were simply great and the ride was beyond fabulous! The absolute best way to see Tauranga and some of its sights! You don't have to be a 'biker' to enjoy this tour. The seats on the bike were so comfortable I could have rode all day. Just remember to take your jacket, scarf and sunspecs! Don't bother with expensive cruise tours just book Nigel's bike tour!! Far cheaper and much more fun. But book ahead to be sure of getting it.

Date of experience: March 2017
V8Triketours, Owner at V8 Trike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Hi Marcia,
Thank you for your positive feed back it really means a lot us, I hope that your comments encourage others to take ride that would have otherwise thought it wasn't for them. As you say it really is a fantastic ride and I feel privalidged to doing this every day Hope to see you again.

All reviews
"bucket seats"
"adrenaline pumping"
"speed limit"
in 2 reviews
"thoroughly enjoyed the experience"
"wind blowing"
"safe driver"
"an absolute blast"
"some great photos"

Reviewed March 26, 2017

Awesome and beautiful ride!!! Worth the time and money... would definitely recommend it to try... :) Thanks Nigel for the great experience..

1  Thank mounikac34
V8Triketours, Owner at V8 Trike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Thank you Mounika so glad you enjoyed your tour See you again I hope, Nigel

Reviewed March 21, 2017

Saw and heard the Trike while having lunch. Great sound from the small block Chev, driver chatted to our partners just about all the away around. Us blokes sitting in the rear seats just soaked up the sights and sounds.

Date of experience: March 2017
V8Triketours, Owner at V8 Trike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

The small block Chev is a fantastic motor and as you say sounds good too Glad you all enjoyed it Hopefully see you again , Nigel

Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic way to spend time in Mount Maunganui. There are several trips you can do, out on the open road, up into the hills of Tauranga or a beach cruise around Mount Maunganui as we did. Nigel is a fantastic and very personable host and driver. To be honest, having seen Nigel's V8 around town, I was not super keen to do this trip (not for me I thought) but I loved it so much I am taking my grandson who will be turning 7 on a trip for his birthday. I can't wait. !!

Date of experience: March 2017
V8Triketours, Owner at V8 Trike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2017

Hi Jude,
Sorry for the delay in responding I clearly missed this one Many thanks for your kind words and I most certianly look forward to seeing you again real soon..