“Friendly!”

Quest Mount Maunganui
Falkenberg
“Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We did a last minute booking on the phone and the receptionist was so kind. The apartment was lovely. It's about a ten minute walk to the main strip in Mount Maunganui but that wasn't a problem. The only down point was the pool. It was freezing! It felt colder than the ocean which is a shame because we were really excited to use the pool. Other than that we loved our nights stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
bury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The whole stay was great, the apartment was spotless, you had all and more for your stay there, from dishwasher to washing machine everything was in your apartment for you, and with cleaning daily what else could you wish for. The only thing I would recommend is that you ask for an apartment on the 3rd floor in order to get some view worth looking at.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We only stayed one night. Reception was friendly and helpful. The apartment was very spacious...lots of room to spread out. We really liked the layout.
The car park is a bit confusing and tight.
We tried to do a load of laundry in the combo washer/ dryer.....I wouldn't recommend it. Ended up with clothes that we couldn't get dry and most of my whites ended up grey.
There's a gym in the basement....really liked that. Use the treadmill - it's good.
Had good wifi - happy with wifi connection. It's great to be able to stay in touch with family and friends when travelling.
Good TV with lots of channels.
It's a little walk into town, but a nice walk.
Elevators need cleaning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

After booking on line we had not realised this hotel was down the far end of Maunganui Rd overlooking the sulphur works- not near the beach. The rooms were large and comfortable and clean, although lobby and lift areas quite dirty. Certainly not a 5 star accom- not their fault but they had just had a flood in the basement car park so we had to leave our car some distance up the road. The pool is not heated and is outdoors so not a year round facility.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a week in early March, and while there were Internet problems, I can't say that would defer me from staying again. The apartment was large, clean and quite well stocked. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The bed was very comfortable. Being technically impaired, I needed help with both the tv and the washer/dryer combo. I had help within minutes of my request.

When my travel plans changed and I had to check out early, I was refunded for the last day even though I'd received a weekly rate that was less expensive than my actual 6 nights. Also, my Internet charge was dropped because of the problems early in my stay.

I hope to return to The Mount and The Quest will be my accommodation of choice.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jane H
Auckland Central, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We regularly stay here and can recommend this Quest Apartment to all.
We have stayed on all the levels of the complex and they have all been to the same standard we have come to expect.
The apartments are spacious, the bed is comfy, the kitchen is a FULL kitchen, and there is a proper living room area where you can relax, hang out or just watch a movie.
We visit friends and family often and it is nice to be able to invite them to dinner and be able to cook a full meal without trouble.
The staff are always lovely and helpful and nothing seems too much trouble.
The only thing to be mindful of is the location of the rooms, on occasion the backpackers or other houses nearby can be a bit rowdy late at night.
All-in-all a lovely place to stay when away for a weekend or for a few days.

Room Tip: book well ahead and you won't have a problem getting an apartment.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sookie95
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Quest for 3 nights, the apartment had all the fixtures you would expect. Staff were friendly and helpful and I thought the location was ok. I found the car park set up a little confusing and the internet speed terrible for business, I ended up resorting to the good old roaming stick.

I would stay again.

#5 of 19 in Mount Maunganui
Oceanside Resort & Twin Towers
Oceanside Resort & Twin Towers
#2 of 13 in Mount Maunganui

Been to Quest Mount Maunganui? Share your experiences!