“Modern, Clean apartment”

Quest Mount Maunganui
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed for a week in early March, and while there were Internet problems, I can't say that would defer me from staying again. The apartment was large, clean and quite well stocked. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The bed was very comfortable. Being technically impaired, I needed help with both the tv and the washer/dryer combo. I had help within minutes of my request.

When my travel plans changed and I had to check out early, I was refunded for the last day even though I'd received a weekly rate that was less expensive than my actual 6 nights. Also, my Internet charge was dropped because of the problems early in my stay.

I hope to return to The Mount and The Quest will be my accommodation of choice.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jane H

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We regularly stay here and can recommend this Quest Apartment to all.
We have stayed on all the levels of the complex and they have all been to the same standard we have come to expect.
The apartments are spacious, the bed is comfy, the kitchen is a FULL kitchen, and there is a proper living room area where you can relax, hang out or just watch a movie.
We visit friends and family often and it is nice to be able to invite them to dinner and be able to cook a full meal without trouble.
The staff are always lovely and helpful and nothing seems too much trouble.
The only thing to be mindful of is the location of the rooms, on occasion the backpackers or other houses nearby can be a bit rowdy late at night.
All-in-all a lovely place to stay when away for a weekend or for a few days.

Room Tip: book well ahead and you won't have a problem getting an apartment.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sookie95
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Quest for 3 nights, the apartment had all the fixtures you would expect. Staff were friendly and helpful and I thought the location was ok. I found the car park set up a little confusing and the internet speed terrible for business, I ended up resorting to the good old roaming stick.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in Mt Maunganui for 1 Night in the 2 Bedroom Apartment.
The room was quite spacious and clean. Management was nice enough to give us free Wifi!

There were only a couple of things I would like to suggest to management.

Firstly the arrangements of the car parking. Reception showed us to our designated car spot and was very helpful and polite upon arrival. Once we came back to the apartments after heading out for the day, there was a vehicle in our designated spot. The owners of the car were at their vehicle and advised that they had also been designated the same spot as us. We went to reception and they advised us just to park anywhere, which we did and we moved the car. As we moved the car into another spot, we were approached by another guest of the hotel asking us to move our car and was very very rude. As you can imagine this was not a nice welcome to the hotel. I informed management about the above. I think the car park procedures need to be revised (maybe labelling all hotel guest parking would be sufficient as to display which is resident parking, and which is not, if that is the case) We also en-counted residents or staff moving mattresses and beds up and down the lifts at check out time, which was quite inconvenient.

Thicker blinds in the lounge room and bedroom would of been great as when the sun came in, it was very very hot and you felt you needed to put on a pair of sunglasses from the glare through the white blinds. A luggage rack in the apartment would of also been good, as there was no where to place your bag other then the floor.

Other then the above, the Quest was a comfortable stay and has lovely amenities.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ange B
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great apt, worth the stay in Mount Maunganui. We were only there overnight, but reception was very helpful and we enjoyed our visit to the seaside. There are some great restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights: a couple with a child, in a 1 bedroom apartment. We thought that the room was a very good size for us all and definitely value for money. When we arrived, we were shown to our room by a young man who took the time to explain to us the features of the room and how to use them (the Sky TV, Phone and Air Con.) which was a nice touch.
We used the pool and spa pool which were clean and a good size and took advantage of the service to rent DVD's from reception.
We never had any problems with noise there and would definitely stay in The Quest again.

Room Tip: We thought that all the rooms here were well appointed from what we saw, but as we have stayed at th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stickywu
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I asked for an apartment with a view! Got an UNDERGROUND GARAGE!! From the time we entered the 'prison gate' and had to find our key to get in.....wanted to run out of there. The most DEPRESSING, MISERABLE PLACE I have ever stayed in. Only stayed one night.....and had booked for 5. Fortunately, I got a redund! NO VIEW. Shower recess stunk and full of mould!
Certainly would not recommend this place. Ended up finding a beautiful apartment right in the heart of Mt Maunganui....beautiful sea views, clean, and........only $245 per night! QUEST WANTED $265. Cannot even compare!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Lyn P
MikeScherer, Owner at Quest Mount Maunganui, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sad to hear you were disappointed with our property. I would like to take this opportunity to express my concerns so that no other readers are mis-informed about our property.

Quest Apartments New Zealand monitors 183 online feedback websites every month along with written and verbal guest feed back. We consider guest reviews to be very important to our business.

We received your booking through Wotif.com, with the extra comments section left blank, this is where you can add requirements such as rooms with views.
You say that you asked for an apartment with a view, but this requirement was not noted, therefore we could not have known this.
We have been in contact with Wotif to find out why this has happened, they informed me that on there system the extra comments section was left blank as well.
Neither I nor Wotif can figure out why this is blank as you have stated you asked for a view, we can only assume there must have been some other reason.

On the morning after your arrival when you brought your concerns to my attention of not having a view, the fact the office was closed on arrival and we were not on the beach as you had thought, we offered to resolve the issues for you.

We shuffled around a lot of bookings to free an apartment on our top floor with a view for your 5 day stay, but you declined this.

We do not have a 24 hour reception, our reception hours are clearly advertised and advised on all booking websites and promotional material. As you arrived outside of these times, the after hours procedure was put in place for you, where your key was left in the mail box right by the office gate.
We apologise if you feel these instructions were not clear enough.

Unfortunately we can not change the location of our complex but we do clearly state where we are located and wotif.com provide a map which shows our location very clearly with our listing.
As we could see you were very unhappy we offered to refund you in full, but you said you were happy to pay for your first nights accommodation, that’s a bit strange if things were as awful as you suggest.

In regards to the mould and cleanliness of the shower, myself and the Head Housekeeper have been to thoroughly inspect the bathroom as we agree it is unacceptable to have mould growing. We have been unable to locate the mould in the bathroom or any smell but still have had the shower thoroughly scrubbed to ensure there is no mould.

We are very please to hear you found accommodation more to your liking and we hope you had a fantastic Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

All the Best.