We stayed in the beach villa #219 for 2 nights and loved it. Only thing is we found the 'private beach' which we had direct access fr our room to be a tad messy or unkempt. Maybe they going with the nature theme thus there were many outgrown vegetation and trees. Before I came here, I envisioned the beach villa to have cleaner and less 'messy' backyard leading to the beach and sea, just the white sand hammock and beach loungers. Room was spacious and longish. We had the outdoor shower too which we tried once only. The toilet was great sized ad mostly clean EXCEPT they have blackish mold on the silicone between floor and room divider, which was disgusting to be honest. We tried washing it away with water nozzle but it didn't budge so it was kinda gross.
We had another 3 nights at the water villa #123, which was splendid and way better than the beach villa hands down. Room was spacious. Toilet and bathtub which fits 2 person confirtable was gorgeous as it opens up to the outdoor verandah facing the sea. ONLY that they too have mold on the wooden widow panels just beside the bathtub. So if I wasn't careful when I slide my hands on the side of the bathtub I will scrape a bunch of blackish mold and get it stuck in my fingernails.
Water was crystal clear. From the water villa we could take a plunge into the sea fr snorkeling etc. fishes and other marine life were plenty.
food was OUT OF THIS WORLD. We never got tired of the meals offered on ala carte basis. we bought an all inclusive package to save us the headache of counting dollars and cents. We had free flow from 730am-12am which was well worth the package.
Each room will be provided with 2 green apples on a pretty wooden board with natural grains showing. Just so detailed. Sparking and still water was provided. Toiletries were great smelling.
5pm is stung ray feeding time. It was such an experience to be able to feed and stroke large large stingray whose so gentle and shy.
Food is fantastic. Service is unmatched. Tank you for making this such a wonderful trip with memories to last a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu