“Best in Category & its not that Costly BUT Expensive Transfers to hotel from Male Airport”

Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hembadhu
Reviewed January 26, 2013

One imp point to note is that resort is not very costly but looks because of very costly sea plane transfers.so make sure u get transfers etc included in ur package as mere hotel booking may not serve the purpose .We planned the trip to Maldives and made our bookings in the Vivanta by the Taj Coral reef after a long research. The reviews on tripadvisor help us to select the hotel. The package organized by Maldivestourister.com was wonderfully lower in cost & good in service than what other agents were offering us.And we are very thankful because we got what we expected after reading the reviews.

We were on a family holiday-me, my husband, my sister-in-law, her husband and their 4 year old daughter.

Maldives the smallest country in Asia is famous for lagoons. The country is made up of 1,190 coral islands formed around 26 natural rings like atolls. And Viavanta resort is located on the Coral reef with the exotic ocean view and dramatic sunsets. The deep blue sea, turquoise reefs, white sandy beaches and palm trees was making the resort incredible.

As we reached the resort by the speed boat we had a very hearty welcome with cold drinks. We were offered the superior charmed beach villa which was included in our package. The villa was magical with brilliant views; outdoor showers uniquely designed open space. There are all amenities present in the villa to treat you-the king size bed, LCD, internet, electronic safe, mini bar etc. Housekeeping was done twice a day. Room service was at the par.

We enjoyed our days on the beach swimming for hours and clicking the photographs. There were many water sports on the beach we tried some of them and the each game we tried had different experience.

If you don’t want to go out you have many options to enjoy in the resort itself. They have well maintained fitness centre, Jiva spa and infinity pool.

The resort offers great dining that takes you on a culinary magic carpet ride around the world. They serve food and drinks from different corners of Asia and India. Indian food we had was good but missed the real Indian taste.

The stay at the resort was cozy and wonderful. We really enjoyed our holidays.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank sheekha a
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for choosing Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef, Maldives and sharing your encouraging feedback and compliments of the resort. It is really nice to know that your stay experience was truly memorable due to our warm and friendly service, the food options, as well as activities and relaxation.

It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Taj hospitality to you again, should you plan another holiday with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were at Taj Coral reef for our honeymoon.We stayed for 5 nights. Maldives is very different. this small island was owned by Taj...so, the only people on the island are the guests and the staff.
There are beach villas and water villas. and its a different experience all together as compared to the other places I have visited. Its all surrounded by coral and the sea. The boardwalk early morning till a particular point in the property is just amazing. The scenery is breath-taking.

We had a full board package. The breakfast, lunch and dinner were all delicious and there was a huge variety of Indian cuisine. Other than that it served Japanese, English and Italian too!
The rooms are spacious and serviced twice a day atleast. The staff was very sweet to have surprised us with a cake, flowers, and fruits one day. We had pvt dinner next to the beach and the wine and food was amazing.

Its just blissful to lie on the hammock and read a book or just look at the crystal clean water. :)
the property has an infinity pool too.
They have different activities on different days like karaoke, crab race, live band, dance night. They feed sting rays everyday around 5ish. Its good fun :)

One can do scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, pedal boating etc

A good and very different kind of experience for sure as Maldives is just blissful and time with your own self :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing and staying at Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef, we are glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

We very much appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you felt fun filled, relaxed and well-taken care of during your stay. We hope to have you with us again; it will be our pleasure to extend the unique and warm Taj hospitality to you should you return in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were at Vivanta - Coral Reef for our honeymoon. It was simply an awesome experience. The service and hospitality is truely Royal. The rooms are superb and the water villas which we booked for 4 nights were amazing with direct connection to the Clear waters of the Ocean. Also, since we are pure vegetarians we were a little worried about our food on this island but the staff and the restaurant associates never made us feel that we have to compromise on our food. They made specially for us excellent vegetarian food in all cuisines during our stay. Also, the fish feeding session every evening is quite exhilarating..

TRUELY VALUE FOR MONEY.. !!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nikhil S
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef. Thank you for your feedback, it is really nice to know that your stay experience was truly memorable due to our warm and professional service, accommodations, activities and food and beverage experiences.

We look forward to your return in the future, and to extending the warm Taj hospitality and great stay experience that we always strive to deliver.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had gone to Maldives for our honeymoon and our stay at Taj was just amazing. We had booked one of the water villas. It was huge with a direct access to the ocean. We could do snorkeling right outside our room. The bathroom was also of a good size. One of the things going for this hotel are the coral reefs. We did scuba diving here. The people were very professional and we had great couple of dives.

The hotel offers this teppanyaki grill. It was just brilliant and the chef was quite entertaining. The only let down was the SPA. We guys had booked a couple's massage but were not quite happy with the massage or the treatments offered in the package. Was expecting more from JIVA SPA

Room Tip: Definitely only go for the water villas. Everything else looked just average
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank krgava
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed a honeymoon stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, it is really nice to know that your stay experience was truly memorable due to our warm and professional service, accommodations, activities and food and beverage experiences.

We thank you for bringing up your point regarding the spa experience, I have shared your comments with my team and let me assure you that we will continue to work hard to uphold the high standards expected of JIVA Spa.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had booked my package here earlier only through Maldivestourister.com hence didn’t have any trouble regarding stay or rates. This resort is very well connected to the airport and is also not very far away from there. The reception area of this resort is absolutely fantastic and the staff is even more good. I was ushered to my rooms within 10 minutes only. I believe what they charged me for my stay would have been justified if they had charged more!!!! This resort has two parts of the island being covered and it has about 30 villas on one side and about 30 water villas on the other. The staff quarters are also located nearby and due to such vast variety of villas the place might seem crowded to some. I stayed in their beach villa and was pretty satisfied by everything I got at this value!! The villas were very well maintained and cleaned twice or sometimes thrice daily. The views from my villa were stunning with the beach and sunset right in front of room’s window. The restaurant at this resort is also very good. There are several options available to dine and the menu serves famous dishes from almost all parts of the world. The only thing that I think to change with their restaurant is the pricing!! This place is certainly a couple’s paradise. One can easily have ample amounts of private time in the lap of nature….

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MonikaPurohit

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing and staying at Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef, we are glad that you enjoyed your once-in-a-lifetime holiday with us.

We very much appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you felt well-taken care of during your stay. We hope to have you with us again; it will be our pleasure to extend the unique and warm Taj hospitality to you should you return in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

From the meeting at Male airport and walking straight onto a 40ft (?) speedboat to our return to the airport in the same manner we had a fantastic stay. The island is an easy hour by speedboat from the airport. On arrival we were met by attentive staff and were quicky shown to out beach bumgalow. We had chosen not go over water partly due expense but were not disappointed with the bungalow option. The rooms are spacious and well appointed with indoor and outdoor shower. The island has 65 rooms and is small but it still feels secluded. Foods was excellent - most brought in fresh from Australia - and reasonably priced given the location. The beaches, swimming and snorkelling are just as you would imagine in the Maldives - fantastic. A particular highlight is the feeding of the sting rays at 5:00pm every night on the main beach - a lot of fun and a truly unique experience. The pool is lovely if you want to get off the beach and the staff were excellent. The island has all the amenities you'd expect including dive shop and spa. We'd love to go back!!

Room Tip: Try to get a beach bungalow around number 220 where the beach is at its widest. 220 plus is also on...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef, Maldives

Thank you for your feedback and it is really nice to know that your stay experience was truly memorable due to our warm and friendly service, the food options, as well as activities and relaxation. We certainly look forward to your return in the future and to extending the warm Taj hospitality that we always strive to deliver.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The vivanta by taj is one of the most charming resorts I have ever been to. This resort in Maldives is a complete package of the taj group and boasts of that level of services and facilities.

I stayed here with my family during Dec 2012. I had booked my package here earlier only through Maldivestourister.com hence didn’t have any trouble regarding stay or rates. This resort is very well connected to the airport and is also not very far away from there. The reception area of this resort is absolutely fantastic and the staff is even more good. I was ushered to my rooms within 10 minutes only. I believe what they charged me for my stay would have been justified if they had charged more!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sanchit G
Vivanta C, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef for your stay in Maldives and we are glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

Vishal Singh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hembadhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Meerufenfushi

Been to Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives? Share your experiences!