On the whole the resort is great and the location is fabulous. The Charmed Beach Villa that we stayed in was well appointed (despite being the lowest category accommodation) and is more than adequate for a couple. If you are travelling with kids the Deluxe Delight Beach Villas, the roomier version of the Charmed Villa may be better suited.
The food was good and there is enough variety to suit different palates but please be warned that since you are on an island that houses nothing but the resort, an all inclusive package is probably the best choice. It takes 50 minutes on a speed boat to get from the airport to the resort.
The sting ray feeding was one of the highlights. Almost a dozen sting rays turned up at the beach near the jetty every evening at around 4.30 pm and the hotel arranges for fish to feed them at 5 pm. Do not miss this!
There is abundant opportunity to snorkel around the reefs the surround the resort and there are some additional options of reefs close to the property (only 10 minutes by boat). I am not an avid diver so I only snorkeled but I heard from other guests that they were having the time of their lives with the scuba diving experience.
Now for the area that was truly disappointing. We had a nightmarish experience when we went snorkeling at the “blue lagoon”. Due to some communication gap among the water sports staff we were taken on the boat directly to open sea even though we had told them that my wife had not snorkeled ever before. The “guide” who came with us behaved like a “rude boat driver” and was aloof and offered no help to my petrified wife. She gathered courage and snorkeled around the beautiful reef. On our return we complained and they accepted that it was a miscommunication that led to the problem. If I had a weak hearted partner I think she would have sworn off snorkeling for life… so I request you to clearly sort out the details on this front.
Overall a wonderful experience and will want to go back sometime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu