We (my wife, 2 year old son and I) spent a fabulous one week at the Vivanta Maldives. Even though I was initially torn between staying at Taj Exotica vs. Vivanta, all those doubts vanished the moment we reached the island.
We were promptly picked up at the Male airport by a Taj staff member who provided us with lunch at a near by restaurant while we awaited for the boat that would take us to the resort. The boat ride was about an hour long as the sea was very rough. Check-in was fast and the moment we entered our beach villa, the reaction was a wow.
Beach villa - They are really nice, quite and trendy with a patio leading up to the beach. Unless you really want to stay on the water, I would suggest that staying in a beach villa. While it is cheaper to stay in one, the beach villas are actually right on the beach. My son had a great time playing in the sand, walking on the beach and testing his feet in the water.
Restaurants - The breakfast was really good with a wide variety of items to choose from. Remember that it is not a buffet. Everything is made to order but there is no limit to what or how many you can order. The best part is the staff. They were just fabulous. Room service while a bit more expensive was actually awesome. Very tasty food and they do make some custom dishes if you ask.
Beaches - Where do I start...pristine white sand beaches, blue water and very well maintained. Great for snorkeling.
All in all a great experience and is definitely the best hotel I have stayed at so far. I strongly recommend this hotel for couples as well as families with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, DerbySoftTaj, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu