“Paradise!!”

Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hembadhu
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We (my wife, 2 year old son and I) spent a fabulous one week at the Vivanta Maldives. Even though I was initially torn between staying at Taj Exotica vs. Vivanta, all those doubts vanished the moment we reached the island.

We were promptly picked up at the Male airport by a Taj staff member who provided us with lunch at a near by restaurant while we awaited for the boat that would take us to the resort. The boat ride was about an hour long as the sea was very rough. Check-in was fast and the moment we entered our beach villa, the reaction was a wow.

Beach villa - They are really nice, quite and trendy with a patio leading up to the beach. Unless you really want to stay on the water, I would suggest that staying in a beach villa. While it is cheaper to stay in one, the beach villas are actually right on the beach. My son had a great time playing in the sand, walking on the beach and testing his feet in the water.

Restaurants - The breakfast was really good with a wide variety of items to choose from. Remember that it is not a buffet. Everything is made to order but there is no limit to what or how many you can order. The best part is the staff. They were just fabulous. Room service while a bit more expensive was actually awesome. Very tasty food and they do make some custom dishes if you ask.

Beaches - Where do I start...pristine white sand beaches, blue water and very well maintained. Great for snorkeling.

All in all a great experience and is definitely the best hotel I have stayed at so far. I strongly recommend this hotel for couples as well as families with small children.

Room Tip: Beach villas, ask for 211 and above.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
AllwynDrego, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely and detailed review of our quaint resort. I am glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us and will certainly convey your gracious words of praise and appreciation to my entire team.

Thank you once again and Do keep me informed whenever you plan your next trip to our part of the water world.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

my husband and I stayed for ten nights at Vivanta. We stayed in an overwater suite (room 116) and it was all I could have asked for.

I was skeptical that the place wouldn't look like the pictures on the internet but it really did.

We were on a half board package (breakfast and dinner) included but it was only included at the main restaurant Latitude.there are many choices however I would have preferred a change. If you want to eat at The Grill Restaurant overlooking the ocean u have to pay an extra $50 surcharge - we did this on the last night and the food was great! You cannot take alcohol into the Maldives and the alcohol at the hotel can be expensive (all in us dollars) therefore it's a good idea to go all inclusive where all ur meals and some alcohol is provided!

a couple of special compliments

Rana (head bartender) fantastic
man and provided good conversation everyday. defiantly deserves a promotion.
Ismeil abdullah (house keeping) very nice man, always polite and friendly and one time when I was sick went out of the way to write get well soon out of petals on the bed
noeyla - nice lady at reception. when I was sick went above and beyond to help. always friendly
keerthi (chef @the grill) - best food tasted - nothing more to say
prince - always recommended good meals to try and friendly service.

one more
thing all couples on honeymoon should try the moon deck dinner - expensive but very romantic and a nice way to finish of your island holiday!

thanks to the entire team
at Vivanta

• Stayed: March 2011
AllwynDrego, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of our quaint resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us and will certainly convey your gracious words of praise and appreciation to my entire team especially to the various names mentioned.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

We just got back from the Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef where we spent 10 days on honeymoon. We stayed in the water villas and enjoyed lazy days sitting by the coral reef reading and soaking up the sun and the lovely view across the ocean. All the hotel facilities are top notch, and a special mention goes to the restaurant, the bar and the spa. The latter is a bit pricey but well worth the money. We both had a wrap and scrub treatment and our skin has never felt so good. As far as the food is concerned, being Italian I am a bit fussy but I couldn't fault ANYTHING! From the breakast, to the pizzeria (real Italian pizza cooked in a proper wood burning oven), to the restaurant Latitude where we had the best meals we had in ages. We strongly reccommen you to go all inclusive otherwise you will spend a fortune in drinks and a la carte buffet.
The staff are lovely, very polite and charming - especially Kennan at the bar who is a guy from Bangalore very sweet and friendly,
Our rate: 10/10!!!!
Perfect for a honeymoon.
Thanks to Vivanta by Taj for the experience - once in a lifetime!

Vanessa and Richard

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us and will certainly convey your gracious words of praise and appreciation to my entire team.

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Delayed in writing this report. Would definitley recommend staying in this hotel. Arrived from the airport by the sea, sea transport was the Hotel nice speed boat took about 45 mins, nice time to take in the views.

I went with my wife. It a small but perfect size island. Stayed in the water villa whcih provided with privacy and seclusion, what we required. Bathroom was large with Bath tub facing the sea amazing view as the windown slide away. The decking area at the back of the room steps right into the sea where we went snorkiling with the equipment provided by the hotel.

Food was on all occasions perfect with lots of choices. Opted for moondeck dinner one night, where a table is set out under the moon next to the sea. would recommed doing so.

Pool was right size. used the gym facilities which were clean and tidy and adequate. Hotel provided excursions which we took up a few.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
AllwynDrego, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of our quaint resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us and will certainly convey your gracious words of praise and appreciation to my entire team.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Everything at this resort was top noch!! After researching extensively...as me and my partner are really fussy about where we stay we decided to stay at the Vivanta. The food was so tasty with lots of verities to choose from, being vegetarians we had tried most things on the menu after a week, there after the chef made us things that were not on the menu catering to our tastes, we were treated so well in the restaurant!! Our spa experience was excellent, I thought it was abit pricey but well worth it. Hotel room was clean and modern, we stayed in the beach bungalow, the only thing was they are quite close together and we could see other guests. Overall we had a brilliant and very relaxing time at this resort with attentive and friendly staff and outstanding food, what more could you want!

3  Thank London82_11
AllwynDrego, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of our quaint resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us and will certainly convey your gracious words of praise and appreciation to my entire team.

Reviewed April 15, 2011

We were met at the airport by Ali who immediately took care of our bags and guided us to the speed boat, the ride is about 45 mins to the hotel, the view incredible! Our arrival was delayed by 4 hrs due to flight cancellations but this was soon forgotten as were received by the friendly staff who welcomed us as we stepped off the boat. We stayed in the water villa for 5 nights, the room is spacious, comfortable, clean and equipped with a dvd player and ipod jack. Waking up to a brilliant view of the ocean and then stepping off the deck to snorkel with access directly from our room was a highlight . The hotel is ideally located for snorkelling. Feeding the sting rays every evening which swim to the shore was a unique unforgettable experience! The hotel is managed by dedicated staff - Allwyn who looked in on us and made sure everything was okay & Rahul who ensured our stay was most pleasant and comfortable. Breakfast was great with ample choices from the menu to choose from. We enjoyed delicious meals specially prepared by Chef Frank. This is our first experience at a hotel where the chef personally came over and catered to our likes! The staff Hari, Kannan, Hussain and Maanih are genuinely caring and attentive. The massages at the spa are great and we only wish it could have been longer! A thoroughly relaxing holiday, one of the best we've had!!

1  Thank y0f

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely and detailed review of our quaint resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly convey your gracious words of praise and appreciation to my entire team especially the various names mentioned.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Just returned from an enjoyable stay in the Vivanta Coral Reef.
This was our second trip to The Maldives, and a water villa, so we had a good idea of what to expect.
The Luxury Yacht transfer( best transfer boat I saw!) was a perfect start and finish to vacation.
We flew BA... Excellent!( I won't dwell on 5 hours nonstop kids screaming on way home!)
We were taken to our water villa, maybe 6 steps from the pizza, bar area.... and a little dissapointed as they are semi detached, and very close to each other, particularly rooms 101-120, as they are in a straight line, not angled at all, and a sunset view at the far corner of your deck if you hang off the deck!
So we asked to move, and from further up, the view was great.We
were still a little disappointed by the
wall of boulders that has had to be
placed there, not quite the infinity view you pay for, and expect with a
water villa.
Snorkeling was amazing, immediately off the deck, very safe
and the best we have seen.

We went Room and Breakfast, and didn't work out any cheaper, and as there is no wine below 60$, and the 2 ,90$ bottles we tried were disappointing, stick to great
cocktails!
The quality if the food is top notch, truly, so it is what you are paying for,although mini hot dogs do not qualify to me as a grilled sausage for breakfast, so we made our way through the other delightful a la carte options.
We had a moondeck dinner, and ate in the grill twice too, very romantic and very tasty.
The main restaurant on our first night put us inside, with bright lighting, no candles, and very close to another couple, and then a family with a young child the other side, running around the table , playing with a toy car.As the restaurant was not full, to put people so close seemed a little strange.
We mentioned this at reception, and were given a table, on the outside edge of the restaurant for the following nights we ate there, this was a little darker, and more in keeping with what we expected on a romantic trip!
The Spa was great, worth every penny.
The Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the Resort is very beautiful, very small, but so peaceful.
We had a great time, it's very easy in the Maldives, but didn't feel this resort , water villas and main restaurant ambience quite delivered as it should for the money,so probably would try another with a house reef, and look at pictures of outside of water villas from the sea , to really know the size, and proximity of what you are paying for.

• Stayed: March 2011
AllwynDrego, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely and detailed review of our quaint resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly convey your gracious words of praise and appreciation to my entire team. I have also noted your feedback and recommendations made regarding the ambience in our restaurants.

Allwyn Drego

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hembadhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Meerufenfushi

Been to Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives? Share your experiences!