“It is what it says- A Road + An Inn!!!”

Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Caineville
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Was pleasantly surprised with our room when stopping here at this basic Inn on our way to Moab after visiting the Southern Utah National Parks.The scenery through Capitol Reef red rocks was amazing and then at Caineville the earth changes colour and the stone monoliths are pale grey.

This is a side of the road Inn with absolutely nothing else to offer so bring your own food in from Torrey or Hanksville( there is a refrigerator & a microwave in the room ).We ate at Torrey and brought sandwiches for evening,which worked for us.
Our assigned room was a downstairs( disabled) with a large bathroom which was presumably to accommodate a wheelchair.The furniture was not new but light in colour and clean enough and the bed good.I could not find a hair drier in the room (unusual ).

We sat by the pool for a short time in the late afternoon ,but couldn't bathe as the water was much too cold.

There is no lift on the property so if you are prepared to heft luggage ,I would ask for an upstairs room as the only drawback was my being kept awake till well past midnight by the people upstairs walking back and forth like a tag team- thump thump thump.God only knows for what reason,but it was very intrusive as the rooms are not very soundproof.We had to be up early and on our way next day so it was no joke.
Next morning and half asleep I would describe the breakfast as minimal as I recall.
Not an expensive stop so a pretty good place if you are traveling but not a place to actually stay as there is nothing nearby.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cardigran

Reviewed October 4, 2010

Hosts seem a bit qeer at first, but are friendly never the less (given the fact they live in the middle of nowhere, they are pretty normal i guess).
Rooms/equipement is a bit dated but generally in working order (WiFi is fast!). Nice pool. Few dining options in reach (Hanksville or Torrey...)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h2r
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We usually stay in moderately-priced places and may have stayed in a Rodeway Inn before, but I'm not sure. When we were making our reservations, I recall that this was Caineville's only motel. Wasn't sure what to expect but upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with the spaciousness of the room and cleanliness of the place in general. In the morning, the woman in charge of the front office (possibly the owner) was very personable and interested in making our breakfast experience a nice one. Will stay again if ever in Caineville again and would certainly recommend for visitors to Capital Reef National Park (to which the location is very convenient). Incidentally, on the rest of our trip we noticed another Rodeway Inn or two which from the street looked inferior to this one.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elsiefromga
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My husband and I and another couple stayed here. The hotel manager, Barbie, is the best!! She is personable and so very helpful! The rooms were clean and the breakfast was wonderful. I would encourage anyone traveling this way to stop here and enjoy the hospitality. There are hummingbird feeders hanging and you can enjoy the little birds coming to get their meal. There is also a hot tub that is the bomb!! We four had such a great time soaking in it. Also there is a pool but we did not get in it. The hot tub was all we we needed. Both were clean. It is obvious that this motel is well kept and the proprietors are responsible people. STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2009

If you are expecting a classy hotel with all the modern luxuries then this hotel is not for you. However, if you want to see the beauty of central Utah and not be around tons of people than this hotel is great. Remember there is no cell phone coverage at this hotel which actually was real nice

They only have 16 rooms and the one we stayed it was just as good as other choice hotels we stayed at. It is not as modern but that is a good part of this hotel. I do recommend bringing your own food or eat in Torrey or Hanksville before you arrive.

The manager is not wearing a business suit but he was dressed ok especially since business is relatively light (only 16 rooms an off season).

The waffles are great! Location is great if you are visiting the National Parks in central Utah. Everyone should visit the Capital Reef National Park area before it becomes too developed.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank phileaglesfan
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I just stayed one night and arrived after dark. The gentleman who handled the check in was dressed in a tank top, which I found a bit odd, but otherwise the hotel was perfectly fine and my room was huge. I think it even had a microwave, but if you want to cook something you better do your shopping already in Hanksville, since there is nothing else in Caineville besides the hotel. There also was a small swimming pool but it was closed for the season.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband an I stayed at this hotel for one night and that was one night too long.

When we arrived around 7 PM we noticed an older lady waving at us from behind a window. We thought she ran the place, but that was not the case. The manager was a shabby looking guy who looked like Onslow from the famous British TV series Keeping Up Appearances. Other guests who checked in not too long before us, told us that he had been taking a nap and they found him somewhat grumpy. To us on the other hand he was friendly, perhaps a bit hard to understand, and he was happy to provide us with info about nearby restaurants (not that there are that many options by the way: you either have to drive to Hanksville or Torrey).

We got a room on the first floor and at first glance it looked okay, although the chairs were very stained. Boy, was I mistaken. There also was a hole in the bedspread and we had cobwebs and small spiders in our room. The room had obviously not been cleaned (including bathroom) thoroughly in a long long time. In the morning we also found out that we had little creatures running around in (mainly) our bathroom: woodlice. We also found one in our bed (yes, I am positive it was NOT a bed bug).
We overheard another couple complaining about the woodlice to the manager just outside our room. We eavesdropped: he admitted that the first floor rooms had this problem. He did offer the couple to use the bathroom of one of the second floor rooms, but I got the feeling he did not take this problem very seriously after all.

My husband and I were quite desperate to leave the place. The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast but as the hotel was so filthy we decided to skip it and left. By the way, the pool was closed.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank taxonvacation
RodewayInnCapitolRee, Owner at Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Since your stay here at the Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef we have hired a new management team. We have also become the top rated Rodeway Inn in Utah! That is a huge step forward. We strive to make each and every guest stay comfortable and pleasant. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory, but we have taken all steps to correct all the issues you encountered here. We have since renovated most our room, renovated our lobby to include a conveniences store and added a guest laundry. We want all our guest to feel comfortable and appreciated when they stay at the Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef.

Thank you for your stay and your review. Please give us another shot if you are every in the area

Mike Flanders
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caineville
Capitol Reef Resort
Days Inn Torrey Capital Reef
Red Sands Hotel
Red Sands Hotel
#4 of 6 in Torrey

Been to Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef? Share your experiences!