“NICE AFFORDABLE HOTEL”

Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in French Harbour
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I was recently in Roatan and stayed at the Clarion Pinapple Villas. the property is really pretty with each section of rooms having their own swimming pool. Herby's Restaurant Sports Bar located on the property was a nice place to eat.

I booked the villa which had a separate living room, dining room and full kitchen. Although i didn't need all of the space, it was nice to be in a bigger area and not confined to just one room with a bed and tv. My only complaint is the bed was really hard and only a double.

I would definitely stay at the Clarion Suites again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night just flying through for business. The hotel is clean and nice with great restaurants. Being on a business trip it was nice to be away from the tourists however I would consider staying for pleasure as well. They have several pools and they also run a shuttle to Little French Key so even though you are not on the beach you have access to a great beach with snorkeling and not too crowded except during cruise ship time.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My friends and I went on our usual Memorial Day Weekend vacation. Two of us been to Isla Roatan about four years ago and fell in love with the beach at Mahogany Bay so much that we had to come back. Hotel shuttle was on time, the driver was super friendly and took us to the supermarket to buy groceries before we checked in. Check in was smooth and Runey was super helpful. She gave us some pointers on where to go to have some fun. We were taken to our room #241 which was a two bedroom two bath room. Let me say if you stay here please opt to upgrade. The economy room is too small to be a hotel room. The room was clean overall and spacious. There were four of us and the room was big enough for us all. The furniture was a little outdated. The beds were not so comfortable. The kitchen was wonderful and allowed us to save some money by eating in a couple of days. The only thing I'll say is the cleaning lady needs to really sweep and deep clean the floor.The balcony is nice as well. We were there during the off season so the place was quite empty but that wasn't a problem for us we made the best of it.

Food -

None of us liked the food at Herby's. We ordered fried chicken and we all agreed that we think we were given fowl instead. None of us finished the our lunch. Needless to say that we did not eat there again during our stay. At the airport a man told us the same thing about Herby's.

Pineapple Grill - We ate here for breakfast twice. The first day the breakfast was great. The first time I ordered my eggs over medium and they came out perfect. Being that I was so satisfied with my food the day before we decided to eat there again the next morning. I think the cook from the day before was off that day. I had to send my eggs back 4x. The last time the chef came to the kitchen door with her hands on the door frame waiting to see if I was going to send it back again. She was so mad that she swung the door closed but her attempt failed because it was a swinging door.

Pools- BEAUTIFUL & EXCELLENT!!! The only downfall was the pool bar was closed.

Overall it's a beautiful island with some of the nicest beaches I have ever been to. I will return. I loved it all over again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Barbara D
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed at for a vacation. To start the Lady's at the front desk tend to your ever need. Ramirez Rent A Car was great a new car, clean and in prefect condition. Next the fishing Guide Captain of the Barracuda Orville Miller (9919-7603) took his time and made sure we caught fish that day and is one the best I had the pleasure of fishing with. This was all made possible by the Young Lady's at the front desk. The Spa at the hotel is Wonderful and Little Frenchy Island was the Best. The rooms were large with all rooms looking over pool and shore of island. I will return to this paradise again!!!!!! . Craig and Judy

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craigrawle
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is amazing. The restaurant and the sports bar are truly exceptional. The spa is first class and the gym is well equipped and available at no cost to guests.There are shuttles to the beach - 10 minutes - Frenchy's Beach - very nice, and West End - people watching and casual dining.

Room Tip: Pick the first building - the one to the left of the entrance. They have the best swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elias L
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We went to a wedding and stayed there. My suite of two bedrooms and kitchen was very nice. The towels were veryyyyyy old and did not dry. The thing we did not know is that no beach in front or near. You have to take a shuttle from the hotel.

People not helpful at all. The main pool with no setvice , no towels for the pool . Food is very good but poor service.

We were eight couples and very disappointed. The wedding was at Pristine Bay and whatttttttttt a difference . Dont miss Frencies beach. The best thing to do. Another must iit is better to change to Lempiras the local coin. From the hotel to Westend where the little restaurants and bars are is a 40 minuto drive. Be careful where you stay.

Room Tip: Do not ask for economy room. It is terrible and NO windows just two small ones. It is better tbe sui...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank lorenab22
clarionroatan, Owner at Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your response. We are very sorry you were disappointed in your stay. We apologize for that. We are going to meet with service staff and take care of the towel problem. Thanks for bringing it up. Our restaurants pride themselves on service and so does our hotel. I think the day you came to the spa pool it was Sunday and the Spa which controls the main pool and services was close at 3 PM that is only on Sunday only.

As for our location yes we are not on a beach or in West Bay or West End. Every location has its ups and downs. We are next to the Black Pearl Golf Course and we are partner with the number one attraction a Private Island Beach Little Frenchy's Key which is five minutes away and we run a shuttle to it all day long on request. We are next to the Iguana Farm and also Mega Mall for shopping. The number one super market is two minutes away Eldon's. From our resort you can dive from the North side or the South side of the Island. We are a gated community with great security and anyone that enters the resort is checked out. We have no vendors trying to sell you watches or braid your hair. We offer very good security with privacy. We also do not have sand flies. We have five beautiful pools so no pool is ever crowded. We run a daily shuttle free to all guests to the West End. Remember all beaches in Honduras are Public. Our Private Island Beach is private.
I would also like to address the small room. That room is only 80 dollars a night we call it a economy room. You can upgrade for 50 dollars to a one bedroom Luxury suite which is 4 times the space. The reason we offer the cheap economy room is because we get a lot of business travelers that just want a safe clean room to sleep in and they love having access to Herby's Sports Bar and Grill and The Pineapple Grill Steak and Seafood restaurants. Two of the finest in Honduras. Also the best spa in Honduras La Pina Spa. We are proud of our amenities and our beautiful landscape too. In conclusion there is always pro and con's on every location. Thank you again for your stay and I hope you give us another chance to make your stay right. We will be working on improving what you have mention.

Herb Morici
Owner of Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas

Reviewed May 5, 2014

On this trip to Roatan I visited a number of hotels/resorts. The Clarion Suites at Pinapple Villas were really really nice. Staff charming and attentive ...spoke english and spanish and the facilities most excellent! For business or leisure I recommend. There is no as it is situated in the hilly contours of French Harbor area.....I dined in Herbys, the Pinapple Grill and used the spa and health club twice a day! Erma delivered a rejuvenating massage after a hard workout....really nice equipment, sauna, steam bath and several out door pools. Great for families or a private retreat. Lots of privacy.

Room Tip: Its hilly and I liked the elevation for the great views....take an upper room. I chose a suite as o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Fantasy Island Beach Resort
Fantasy Island Beach Resort
#5 of 5 in French Harbour
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Been to Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas? Share your experiences!