Barefoot Cay Resort
$159
Good 3.5/5
$172
Great 4.5/5
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas(French Harbour)(Great Value!)
$111
getaroom.com
$379
$322
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Puerta Azul(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
$130
Excellent 5/5
Pirates Den Hotel(Roatan)(Great Value!)
$49
Great 4.5/5
CoCo View Resort(French Harbour)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmeal planour honeymoondive shopwest endbedroom bungalowapple tvdive stafffull kitchenromance packagemeal packagecouples massagepersonalized serviceguest servicesprivate islandgrocery storedive sitesthe kitchen staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our 08/26/12 through 09/02/12 seven night stay at the Barefoot Cay resort was simply excellent. Tex from the Barefoot Divers was waiting at the airport to transfer us to the resort. We stayed in the "Dolphin" studio room above the dive shop. The studio room was very nice and completely adequate in size for my wife and I. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the kitchen was full size. The spectacular view could be enjoyed from the within room with all the shutter style doors open or from the patio area when the doors were closed. The shuttle style windows and doors allowed the breeze to pass through the room nicely. The small commercial port located close to the resort did not affect my experience at all. The location of the Barefoot Cay resort is beautiful and the views are amazing. The grounds are constantly being maintained, raked for sand flies and sprayed for mosquitoes. We did not experience any major bug problems just a few mosquito bites

The service from the friendly staff is really what made the experience at the Barefoot Cay resort amazing. From the moment we arrived we received personal attention from all of the staff. Everyone who worked at the resort was extremely friendly and helpful. Their main focus on making sure we were satisfied and having a good time. Everyone called us by our first names. The resorts water filtration/purification system works since we drank without any consequences. We purchased the all inclusive plan which I do recommend highly. We ate all of our meals at the resort with the exception of a lunch we had at a recommended restaurant while exploring the island. For breakfast and lunch you can order off the menu. I did not become tired of the breakfast and lunch menu selections. The dinner menu is a set menu but if you do not like the selection you can order off the regular dinner menu for an additional $10.00. A few set menu selections did not appeal to me so I ended up ordering lobster for the additional $10.00. Well worth the $10.00 as they serve you 2 good sized tails. Overall the food was very good and I recommend the all inclusive plan.
We went to Roatan for the snorkeling and the snorkeling was awesome. We snorkeled off the palapa in the cay sheltered by a reef. From the palapa the aquatic life was abundant. We also went on the dive boat with the Barefoot Divers who were very receptive to having a couple of snorkelers come along with their scuba customers. The snorkeling off the dive boat was incredible. The reefs were so alive and teeming with aquatic life. The staff at the Barefoot Divers were extremely helpful and professional. We regret not taking the discovery scuba course while we were there because the staff at the Barefoot Divers were the best. Barefoot Cay does not have a beach to snorkel from but the palapa worked just fine for us.
Overall we were taken care of very well by the Barefoot Cay staff and recommend this resort highly to anyone interested in snorkeling or diving while being attended to by a professional and courteous staff. By the time we left we felt like part of the Barefoot Cay family.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the studio room above the dive shop which was roomy and had a great view.
2  Thank allendnd
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I thought we'd try a new place to dive on Roatan and picked Barefoot Cay as it had many good dive sites and the reviews were good. What a place to stay! First of all the diving staff was fantastic and lots of fun to dive with. Mostly a younger group of diving staff that kept us amiling and chcukling! They took great care of or gear and the locker room was nice. The diving was great too! For those of you that are not divers the cabins we stayed in on the cay were very nice and clean and they kept them that way every day. Third the food was the best I've eaten. I would mark this restaurnet a FIVE STAR place. The dinning area is a simple place but the cook talked to us at each dinner, telling us what we were getting and then asking how it was after the meal. If you want a great place to stay, eat and dive on Roatan then this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights in Roatan at Barefoot Cay the first week of August. Unfortunately we encountered some of Hurricane Ernesto, however we made the best of every day possible.

Our flights to Roatan were decent, via Delta, and getting through the airport was quick and easy (its a very small airport) although the return flights/check in were awful (definitely be at the airport at least 2 hours before departure) . Our driver greeted us and got us to the resort quickly.

Upon arrival to the hotel we were greeted promptly and given a brief tour and over view. We were shown our room on the Cay, the partial master, named Amarillo. It was small but comfortable with 2 queen beds, a desk, dresser, and closet. The TV didnt work all week (even after speaking with the staff) and we encountered a major flying ant problem which we tried to deter with spray and mentioned to housekeeping the next day. Also, the walls to the entire villa are thin, so if you have neighbors, expect to hear every move, luckily our neighbors left the day after we arrived. The staff was always present in cleaning and maintaining the grounds as well as spraying for mosquitos. We didnt seem to have too many sand flea/mosquito issues.

We opted for the meal inclusive option, which was well worth it. My husband is a picky eater and he was very happy with all the meals. If there is a dinner you dont like, you can request something else. Everything was delicious and the staff was attentive and gracious. Drinks were not included, but decently priced. We went to the grocery store and picked up a case of beer which saved in the long run.

The resort itself is gorgeous with a mostly private beach in the front of the room, the pool area, and palapa for relaxing. The "house" reef is great for snorkeling, We were only able to snorkel 2 days at the resort due to the weather, but we saw a lot of life and action right out front. We are not divers, however others staying at the resort claimed it was the best in the Carribean.

We tried the off site "gym", however it was pretty outdated and the treadmills were not "running ready"...they were barely able to keep up with me walking, so that was a big disappointment as I specifically scouted out hotels with a gym. We did schedule massages and despite a time mix up, they were great.

We did travel off the Cay and it was well worth it. We rented a car and drove the entire island (there is one road and you drive on the right as in the states, it was easy). The east end is quaint and beautiful. The west end is becomming more populated with lots to do.

We visited Gumbalimba Park and did the ziplining (very fun) and played with parrots and monkeys which was probably one of the highlights of the trip...we love monkeys!! We spent 2 afternoons at Bananarama (which was my 2nd hotel choice) and enjoyed the West Bay area. The Monkey LaLa's and brick oven pizza are wonderful! The snorkeling in West Bay was the best I have ever seen and rightfully so, considering its part of the 2nd largest reef in the world and I only saw a fraction of it. The corals and marine life were incredible. While the West Bay is "busier" its not really overly crowded as some other islands, if we were to return we would probably stay closer to West Bay.

Overall another great trip. Roatan is a beautiful, friendly little island, but I think Barefoot Cay is a bit pricey. Of course if you want complete seclusion, peace and quiet with great diving, food, and service this is the place for you!

4  Thank bazul
Reviewed August 18, 2012

As you can tell, I've been here before! The divemasters are incredible, the hotel lovely, the support stafff could not be better. There is a newly incorporated Reef Recovery Program where you can "name" your donated artifical reef and the reefs are magnificient.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms across the lagoon from the pool. Balcony overlooks everything!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Barefoot Cay in July 2011 for our honeymoon. Everything about our experience was perfect. Notable things included: extremely friendly & accommodating staff (resort & dive shop), delicious variety of food and impressive beach lodging.

We stayed in one of the two beachfront bungalows under the honeymoon package. However, the staff showered us with even more additional surprise romantic meals and perks. I can't say enough about how much they went out of their way to make our stay memorable.

The dive shop was wonderful. They cater to all levels of experience. While Roatan is a top diving destination and Barefoot Cay has a best in class dive shop, you don't have to dive to come here. We only went on about 8 dives over two weeks, while some people went 3 times a day, every day.

Don't forget bug spray and take advantage of the palapa to relax and snorkel.

We will absolutely make a return trip in the future to relive our wonderful experience.

5  Thank akadjeski