We booked this from the website for Island marketing and was a little concerned of booking this outside of the cruise ship. It was perfect and we were so glad we did! The Fantasy Island resort is complete with monkeys who will take food out of your hand, huge iguanas, sand/hermit crabs, and good snorkeling. We got one of the cabanas/beach beds and it was a really out of a movie. Perfect weather, comfortable bed to read and sun bath in, good snorkeling, and clear water.
We loved our driver and found out her sister runs this excursion. The driver waited the entire time at the resort for us and explained the history, customs, and why she loved Roatan. It was a little run down but still nice and we felt very safe the entire time. We had such a relaxing and good time there we plan on going back and just staying there.
We liked the fact everything the resort had was included but be aware if you wanted to kayak they only have ONE. Another couple we came with was very disappointed that they had to wait 4 hours to get it since they only had one kayak. The hammock they also say they have is torn so don't plan on using that. But for the price and how nice it was it was totally worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Caribbean at Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive and Marina! Our Roatan, Honduras resort is located on its own 21 acre private island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasy Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Roatan
- Fantasy Island Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras