I stayed at Fantasy Island for a week all inclusive. Pick up at the airport was quick and easy check-in was prompt. Our room was in the 200’s was large and clean. Water in the shower was sometimes too hot or too cold but this did in no way affect my vacation. Our patio door did not lock but this didn't bother me I suppose I am just way more relaxed about things than some people. Our a/c was cold and our room was clean that is all that mattered to me I spent most of my time on the beach.
There is no 24 hour bar or food but the food was good all week didn't have one meal I couldn't find something to eat. I found the pasta sauce quite good there was always fruit available. We were both very happy with the food. One morning we arrived at breakfast and there was no bacon, the chef went and got us bacon and when we requested him to grill it a wee bit more on the omelet grill he said it wasn't hot enough and brought it to the back. He then delivered it to our table for us nice and crispy. This is how all the staff treats you and it is such a small resort that you get to know many of the guests and staff. The bar was good always fast courteous service. Just a note there is an all-inclusive list of drinks included no pina colada, daiquiri’s etc. you have to pay for the fancy drinks. But I didn't want for drinks that week I was quite happy with my rum and cokes, fantasy specials and sex on the beach.
This is a dive resort plenty of divers so during the day the resort is pretty much deserted. You could always find your own area on the beautiful beach even on cruise ship days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You did have to keep an eye on your lounger a bit more when the cruisers were in as they had no issue taking your lounger and moving your towel. They are a slight annoyance. Kayaks were always available for use and you could explore all the way around the island. The pool was slimy and I did not go in at all I considered it gross but who cares when the beach is so nice. If you are a pool person and expect to be in the pool at the swim-up bar you will be disappointed. The sand fleas were VERY hungry make sure to bring but spray.
If you want a party resort or nightly entertainment and you are used to 5* resorts this is NOT the resort for you a resort in the West Bay Beach may be more appropriate. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation to catch up on your reading or to snorkel and dive this is the place for you. The Wi-Fi in the lobby was great I used it daily to check in at home without any issues. Overall I liked this resort and if you are an easy going traveller you will not have any issues. Do not leave anything you don’t want the monkeys to take out on your balcony as they think everything is a treasure left out for them.
I would happily return to Fantasy Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Caribbean at Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive and Marina! Our Roatan, Honduras resort is located on its own 21 acre private island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasy Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Roatan
- Fantasy Island Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras