Stayed at Fantasy Island for a week Nov 19th 2012. We had short bursts of rain followed by sunshine, temps were perfect 82 ish down to 73ish at night, our week had one day that was a washout but with a bar with a view and a big screen tv not so bad lol.
Pros, island paradise with white sandy beaches, good snorkelling off the gazebo and beach, staff were always helpful and friendly with speedy check in, intimate setting with music not too load, food was good and varied (soups always tasty). Tea and coffee available 27/7 from restourant. Diving for the first time for me and I felt very safe with the dive master, it was awsome! Safe to walk around the island. Monkeys were fun and up to all sorts of mischief, lots of iguanas,lizards,bats,birds, fish to see, lush foliage.
Cons, rooms are updated but need a little work, cracked floor tiles on bathroom floor but on the whole clean and fresh. Sand fleas but I wore bug off and didn't get bit once, my husband was not so careful and did. Yes salt water in taps but no problem for showers etc, fresh water in pitcher in fridge which you can refill as needed from kitchen.
My first time here and I'll be back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Caribbean at Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive and Marina! Our Roatan, Honduras resort is located on its own 21 acre private island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasy Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Roatan
- Fantasy Island Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras