Only 14 divers the week we went (August 18 - 25, 2012). Apparenlty there were zero divers the week before we got there. Friendly staff, funny monkeys, dive shop needs help. We replaced our high pressure hoses a the shop when we arrived. The "new" hoses the shop put on had holes in them... FIVE of FIVE hoses they replaced ALL leaked. The food in the "all inclusive" was lacking. Buffet style, never HOT...ample, but basic. There was no ho water in the showers.. took cold showers all week. Transportation into town is $30 one way, so you ar pretty much stuck at the resort. The gift shop there had t-hirts for about $20, but they were from varioius resorts and locations in FLORIDA? It wsa OK. the diving was OK... the visibility was not what we expected. Did 18 dives and the BEST visibility was probably 50 feet. BIG hard corals, massive corals, every dive has a wall because the coral is so deep. They have fish, but not the gian schools oif yellow snapper and sergeant majors you would expect. In fact there were NO big schools of fish. Moray eels - big ones - and barracuda stalk the dive groups because hte guides have been feeding them lion fish. Big moray will swim out into open water approaching divers. Saw a lot of turtles on the north side.. 10 in 2 dives..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Caribbean at Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive and Marina! Our Roatan, Honduras resort is located on its own 21 acre private island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Fantasy Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Roatan
- Fantasy Island Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras