“Best memory we built on our cruise, most fun& adventuresome!”

Roatan Sand Blasters Dune Buggy Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Step out of the ordinary and feel like a kid again with our exciting Sand Blaster’s Dune Buggy Tour. Feel the adrenaline and fulfill your adventurous spirit while enjoying your vacation to Roatan, Honduras. Leave the crowds behind and take off on an action packed day filled with excitement. This is truly one of the best ways to experience the beauty of the island. You will go off road into the unspoiled jungle, ride along ridges and mountains with breathtaking views, and pass through local villages that few tourists get to see. You will stop for photo opportunities to ensure you will remember this amazing place. You will see the turquoise waters and beautiful reef, while enjoying the fresh air and freedom of these fast and furious machines. This is a very organized trip that begins with a brief orientation for safety and to familiarize you with the buggys. You will be guided by an experienced, local tour guide whose only concern is ensuring your safe and exciting time. We provide use of goggles and a free souvenir bandanna for you to keep.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My family and friends had the best time riding the dune buggies I have and will continue to refer this excursion to everyone who is going to Roatan! Thanks so much for a beautiful ride!
N Brown NRH TX

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our second time on this excursion. Was just as fun as the first time. Very friendly and worth the money. We will be back again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Excellent! Excellent! This is my second time doing the SandBlasters dune buggy tour and even though I drowned my phone in the superb crystal clear aqua beach, I had a blast! Panchita, the monkey, is just darling! So sweet and friendly. The staff at SandBlasters are knowledgeable, fun, and very helpful. I took pictures on this tour that I didn't have from last years tour. We were on the tour with other guest from other cruises and they couldn't believe all the beautiful sights they got to see either. It's truly a fun and cultural experience. I highly recommend this tour if you're in Roatan.

2  Thank Athena M
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were so thankful to have decided to throw our age aside and just sign up for this trip. Sometimes, on an island, you need a day to stay off the ocean so your sunburn can calm down a little :) and this was a perfect choice. We had a delightful and unexpectedly "comfortable" trip up and down mountainsides, in a rural setting as well as a stop at a local undeveloped beach. It was a fantastic way to see the other side of Roatan -not a snorkle or dive tank in sight ;) Our guide was a typically sweet Roatanian who patiently stopped to make sure we got lots of pictures of simply breathtaking views and answered our questions about the areas we visited as well as making sure we were comfortable and safe. I would absolutely take this trip again when we go back to this special place.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Visited Mar 2, 2014

I've never done a motor sport, and really looked forward to it since the reviews are high as well. I must say reservation/communication with Mark and the staff was exceptional; hence I highly regret giving an "average," but honest review. =( My husband (40's) and I (30's) got a private tour, and we were grateful for the accommodation. However, we expected excitement, getting dirty and speed. We envisioned speeding through the jungle, getting splashed by mud, and being covered in sand while zipping through the beach. I think the description of the tour was a bit misleading, and wasn't all that hyped up to be. The buggy was quite slow, more like for teens, but we definitely understand its purpose for safety of all ages. It was still a cool experience, but nothing we'd do again. (SORRY!!)

2  Thank SteveLili
Roatan J, Owner at Roatan Sand Blasters Dune Buggy Tour, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Steve and Lili –

I want to thank you for posting an honest review. I do feel it was a fair review as I indicted in my email to you. We take feedback very seriously and have analyzed recent comments from a couple guests as to why they were not 100% satisfied with our tours. Here is what we have discovered and are rectifying:

We recently decided to promote one of our guides to 'Lead Tour Guide' due to our confidence in his continued improvement. We consider this position an extremely important one and a position he will be able to master. Because of the enormous level of importance we place on safety, we are not only very selective in who we choose for the lead position but also very intense in their training. Before we allowed the new guide to work in his new position we went through intensive training with him for this role. We strongly reinforced how important safety was for him in this new position. I believe we may have over done it a bit and as a result he took the safety part to the extreme which affected the overall experience of the tour. To correct this problem we have mapped out with him exactly where we need to keep the tour speed slow to ensure no one becomes endangered, and where we can allow guests to 'open' the machines up and have fun.

As I hope you can see from the many previous reviews, the fun factor normally hasn't been an issue. The previous guides had more experience and understood the careful balance between safety and fun. It is simply a learning curve with the new guide and I do apologize that it affected your experience.
Concerning not enough mud in the mud pit - This is our second rainy season. Last year we did not have any issues with the amount of mud on the tour. This year has produced some very unusual dry spells and, as such, the mud has been unusually dry. We have now implemented a solution for this problem and it is effective immediately. We are now utilizing a water truck to come fill the mud pit during any dry spells in the future. This will ensure that there is always plenty of mud for our guests to 'Get Down and Dirty'!

In closing, I want to sincerely thank you for your review. Without honest feedback from guests we have no way to really gage the level of 'fun' folks are having. Please accept our apology and we hope that you will change your mind on never taking our tour again. I really hope you will give us another opportunity to give you the experience so many others have RAVED about. Please email me before your next trip to Roatan so that we can do everything possible to change your experience to a more positive light.

Mark