“Take 45 minutes and Have a Blast”

Arch's Iguana and Marine Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Arch’s Iguana and Marine Reserve, we are dedicated to coral and marine life conservation. Through snorkel tours and lobster encounters we hope to show people another side to ocean life, one that needs to be respected and protected. My name is Samuel Arch. I am the son of Mr. Sherman Arch, founder of Arch’s Iguana and Marine Reserve. My father has imparted upon me a love for the ocean that can be replaced by no other. I am a third generation Arch. From childhood my father instilled in me the importance of conservation and protection. Throughout my life I have watched this reef go from baron and desolate to populated and thriving. At Arch’s Aquatic Adventure, we guarantee that your time on the island will be time well spent, and full of marvelous experiences which you can share with your family and friends.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Its a little place but these iguanas are everywhere. Basically its a petting zoo with lizards. It was a blast to take a dozen bananas with us to feed them. Took a plastic knife and sliced the bananas and they eat them peeling and all.
Take a pair of long pants and put the food on you legs and they will climb all over your lap for a great picture. Don't do it in shorts because they have nails for climbing and could accidentally scratch you.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Don't expect much, it's a Iguana sanctuary run by private donations with couple of monkeys but we love the place. You can feed the Iguanas and bring fruit from the ship to feed the monkeys.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in Roatan on a dive vacation and couldn't dive the day before flying, so we chartered a day trip with the resort. One of the stops on the trip was Arch's- And Man We Loved IT! I have Never seen so many really big iguanas in one place in my life!!!!! The owners son even let us feed them- and they came running from EVERYWHERE!!!!! The Iguanas are really cool and love to be petted like dogs. The two monkeys were very cute and the larger one also just wanted to be petted and paid attention to! The large Tarpon, Barracuda, Smooth Trunk Fish and Lobsters were also very cool down in the water front pens. We also found the best price on the Island for several Mahogany Boxes we wanted to take back as gifts at the little gift shop here. This place is well worth the trip and is rather amazing!!!! The price of admission is next to nothing and worth every penny!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Lots of animals to see. Two different monkeys, hundreds of iguanas all in one great big iguana pile (you get to feed them if you ask!!!), barracudas, and turtles! There is a little gift shop, too. :)

My only qualm was that the monkeys had very little living spaces for what monkeys need. Still, all of the animals seemed very content.

1  Thank feeserk
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The 3000 iguanas that are roaming around the property are extremely unsanitary and the way they feed leaves flies and other insects as well.

3  Thank Amanda R