“A fun experience, even for seniors”

Arch's Iguana and Marine Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Arch’s Iguana and Marine Reserve, we are dedicated to coral and marine life conservation. Through snorkel tours and lobster encounters we hope to show people another side to ocean life, one that needs to be respected and protected. My name is Samuel Arch. I am the son of Mr. Sherman Arch, founder of Arch’s Iguana and Marine Reserve. My father has imparted upon me a love for the ocean that can be replaced by no other. I am a third generation Arch. From childhood my father instilled in me the importance of conservation and protection. Throughout my life I have watched this reef go from baron and desolate to populated and thriving. At Arch’s Aquatic Adventure, we guarantee that your time on the island will be time well spent, and full of marvelous experiences which you can share with your family and friends.
Huntsville, TX
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“A fun experience, even for seniors”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have seen iguanas close up before, but never in such large numbers and so tame. We went around noon which is feeding time and got to feed the iguanas and pet them. I think that it is wonderful that someone cares enough about these animals to provide a safe haven for them, since I really did not see any other Iguanas on the island. I even bought some hand painted mahagony boxes at the gift store to help support this conservation endeaver. We did not see any sign of unhappy animals or small cages. I feel that this is a very worthwhile tourist adventure.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank GrandmaP2

Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Iguana's and so much more!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had a wonderful time. Took taxi from cruise ship to iguana farm. Ask for Lincoln for the taxi cab driver, we used his twice and he is the best ever. Lincoln is on a first name basis with the farm owners and it made the tour even more fun. Of course we took bananas from the boat to feed the iguana's and it was so much fun. I also like throwing them at people's feet to see how fast they can get out of the way. The park also had monkeys and fish which were both lots of fun. Lincoln did give a few great recommendations such as don't wear yellow shoes and don't stand too close to the monkey if wearing glasses. Fun for all ages, our party ranged from 76 to 13 and we all had a blast!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Rita M
Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Word Famous (Almost) Iguana Farm!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

So this place is a must see for first time visitors. Feeding time is 11am-1pm so that is certainly the best time to go. It has become a tradition that I take my children there almost every visit to Roatan. As mentioned already, the iguanas go crazy for bananas. In fact, I enjoy throwing the bananas at my wife’s feet and watching her run like a bat out of hell as the iguanas chase after her. I know, its mean, but it is pretty darn funny!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank teamfredde
Roatan, Bay Islands of Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Iguanas all over!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The iguana farm was a visit requested by the little ones, they were eager to see the iguanas and feed them. The drive from French Harbour was about 8-10 minutes. The road has been fixed and with a second entrance a few minutes pass the main French Cay entrance. When we got there there were iguanas ALL OVER it was very exciting for us all! We got to feed and pet the iguanas and also the fishes. This is a great family environment that can be enjoyed by big and small.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Monish W
Long Island, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Just OK”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

There were hundreds of iguanas all over the place which was neat. The monkey was camera shy but such a mush and just wanted to hold hands. The fish were huge but the area they were in had garbage *all* over. It was $8 a person and we were in and out in max. 15 minutes. We did this right before French Key which was perfect that we didn't make a special trip just for it when it didn't take long.

Visited August 2012