“Impressive breakfast menu with great Lake view”
Review of Custom Espresso

Custom Espresso
Cuisines: Cafe
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Impressive breakfast menu with great Lake view”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very impressive breakfast menu. They know what they are doing here. Not only were the juices and coffees fantastic but the food was so delicious. I ordered the avocado bruschetta and was impressed by the generous serve and the creative added favours such as the balsamic and brown sugar dressing drizzled over the top. Simple but done well. The view of the lake is pretty good too!

• Visited December 2013

Speers Point, Australia
“Great way to spend the morning”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went here the other week for breakfast and really enjoyed the red velvet pancakes they had. The atmosphere was great and they even had a musician playing some acoustic guitar for a few hours.

• Visited October 2013
“First class.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Incredible location more than done justice by staff that are eager to please and a menu that I have found flawlessly executed time and time again. It's certainly not close home for me, but worth the trip every single time.

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent food and customer service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am so excited to say that I frequent Custom Espresso and the food, service and staff are just so refreshing and welcoming. I love going there and will continue to do so. Good work in making it enjoyable to return and sample your terrific coffee and ever changing menu!!!

• Visited June 2013
“Poor service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We went there for breakfast and the service was terrible, there were only a couple of people there and waited a very long time for our coffee and even longer for our food which was very average.

Visited April 2013
Eric J, Owner at Custom Espresso, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hi,
As the owner of custom espresso i find this review to be very disappointing and upsetting.
At Custom our passion is not just to serve world class coffee to our locals, but also to set the standard in customer service that makes us a diamond in the rough in this region. Since opening we have received nothing but excellent feedback online and in particular, in person, both in regards to our products and our team of friendly staff. We pour our soul into this business and to see that we have been portrayed as giving poor service really, really disturbs me.
I find that this review is very, very vague (no details of the menu items of why they were disappointing etc) and at this point I’m assuming it is just another snotty nosed competitor. However, if this is legitimately a real user, i would like to invite you to try us again on the house. Regardless of my pride and passion for this business, if the review is a real one, i would be horrified knowing that this is the experience you have taken with you and would love nothing more than to rectify it and show you what we are made of! If you read this and would like to take me up on the offer let me know with a private message here and i can organise to get you in here again for a taste of our brilliant coffee and food menu.