Tripadvisor
Bateau Bay
All reviews spa pool onsite cafe free washing great heated pool family cabin great location right on the beach surf club style cabin an easy drive great campsite large van school holidays safe beach ride their bikes seen better days courtesy bus minute drive
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

This mix caravan park is expensive and although it is ok, the pricing is on high end. It is well organized but crowded. Entry and exit is exasperation defined. There are better around but I did not see unhappy customers.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
jak1611, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Lankylee

Thanks for providing your review on your recent stay with us. The park can be quite full particularly during holidays and on the weekends and you're right there's generally no unhappy customers.

Reviewed November 25, 2019

Good location close to the beach. Pool area is clean and well presented.

We had a caravan site (220) with slab for your annex so set up was good.

The amenities blocks are old and need modernizing but they were clean.

We arrived on a Thursday and life was pretty quiet until the families started arriving for the weekend. Over the weekend there were large groups of kids riding bikes around the park with a total disregard for the other park users.

There was a security guard there who tried to slow these ratbags down but he gave up because they totally ignored his requests to slow down and maybe go and put a helmet on.

On the Friday night there were these delinquents still riding bikes and playing basketball on the tennis court around 11pm. Pretty hard to sleep when all you can here is basketballs thumping on the ground. It appeared there were groups of 10 - 13 year olds coming and going from the beach area too, but not sure if they were locals looking for trouble or just the same groups on the move in the park.

We did approach reception on the Saturday and requested that the lights for the basketball court not be left on at night and this did happen that night, which meant it made it harder for them to play basketball at 11pm.

On the Saturday night there were six security guards around the park. One guard told us a local gang of kids threatened to bash a security guard with an iron bar, so security was ramped up.

I think the issue is that there is a total lack of parent supervision for these kids and while the park did try and ensure patron safety through having security guards there, they fight a losing battle without the support of parents to control their kids.

Because of the safety issues we experienced, I would not be returning to this park.

Room tip: If you want a few quiet days avoid the wekend
Date of stay: November 2019

Hi PhilP0402

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and acknowledge that at times the park can be quiet busy, particularly on weekends with kids on bikes etc... We are pleased that you acknowledged the efforts by security.

Reviewed November 8, 2019

Great location with lovely pool and spa but they are the only 2 points in their favour. Staff were not friendly or helpful. Due to school holidays and a long weekend we paid $88 per night which was an absolute rip off. No concrete slab but instead a "little" grass but mostly dirt which was not pleasant given the heavy rain. As the park was full and busy I would expect amenities to be checked throughout the day for replacement of toilet paper and possibly another mini clean, but instead we had to take our own toilet paper, picking our way through a filthy floor. The laundry was small and inadequate with no ironing boards. As we were attending a special birthday function I asked reception if they had an ironing board, fortunately I had my own iron. Their curt response was "we will see what we can do" and I never heard back from them. I politely voiced my displeasure on checkout. Their reply "well it is school holidays". No excuse in my opinion. My husband and I are retired and have travelled extensively around Australia for 10 years and it is the only time I have ever complained. Many times we have stayed in far better caravan parks for a third of the price. Location certainly did not make up for this ghastly experience.

1  Thank dolphin1944

Hi dolphin1944

Thanks for providing your feedback on your recent stay. It seems that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. We were very busy throughout these holidays and we can assure you that we did at least 2 cleans of our amenities each day, however there are a lot of people going in and out of these all day every day. We are glad you were able to see the positive in our location and the facilities regardless of the rest of your experience.

Reviewed October 26, 2019

Stayed at Blue Lagoon Resort for a family wedding in Shelly Beach. We were extremely disappointed! The photos online look NOTHING like what we thought we were booking. And when we booked “Ocean View” we thought that meant a view of the ocean.
The level of cleanliness was also terrible.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Brooke P
jak1611, Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2019

Hi Brooke P

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We have a number of different cabin types including a "beachfront" which directly overlooks the water with BBQs on the front decks and an "oceanview" which has water glimpses from the decks or the cabins.

Reviewed October 9, 2019

2 Stars only because of the location and good beach access.

My Wife and I recently stayed here with our young son and were honestly very disappointed with the overall cleanliness standards of the Beachfront Cabin we stayed in. The BBQ was filthy, left with fat from the previous occupants, the glass on the doors and windows was very dirty, looked like it hadn't had anyone clean it in months at least. Two of the bunk beds weren't made up which was fine as we only had 3 of us there and the cabin slept 6 but the condition of the underlay on the mattresses was very unappealing, my partner and I actually slept on top of the covers in the beds due to fear of what lies within. I could go on and on but what it comes down to is obviously the cleaners are not paid enough and couldn't care less. Considering we paid over $750 for the 2 nights (long weekend loading on one night) we were very disappointed, we couldn't wait to leave honestly, we checked out at 8AM as soon as the office opened, looking forward to getting back to our clean home.

Hi Brad S

Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay. We are disappointed to read this feedback as this is not what a visit to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort is all about. We do always encourage our guests to report any issues asap and give us the opportunity to fix these to improve your experience. Sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this visit.