“Excellent short break”

Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bateau Bay
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Whilst over here from England and staying with our family who live in Sydney we took the opportunity of a weekend away at this resort.

The drive from Sydney was quite easy and the resort was easy to find. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming and the chalets allocated to us and the family were well appointed, comfortable, clean and tidy. We had wonderful ocean views.

When we arrived the heating for the enormous spa pool was not working but next day the had it up and running again and it was wonderful. The swimming pool was great for the kids.

It was off season and the site facilities were not fully open and it looked as though they could do with a bit of updating but we were not intending to use these anyway.

Overall a very good experience and we will probably go back.

Room Tip: Full price beachfront chalets are great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen S

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is not the first time that I have stayed at this caravan park with my family, however through my recent experience I will probably never stay there again and would NOT recommend it to anyone. The staff were very rude and demanding (especially a guy called Steve) to myself and 2 other caravaning members of my family who were also staying at the park with their caravans and families. The lighting throughout the park at night was practically non existant and the managament should be investigated by the occupational and work safety authorities for creating this hazzard. The amenities look extremely tired and should have been renovated years ago - nothing has been done to them in years! For the $39 a night for a powered site, one would expect far better, especially as they advertise a 3 star rating. I would rate the park at about half that value.
In my experience as a caravanner, I usually rate a caravan park by the attitude of the staff at the front desk. In this case I give them a big fat 0!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Neville B
Reviewed April 18, 2013

1. Location: The location of this resort is brilliant, right on a protected bay and sandy, clean beach. This must be one of the best seaside locations in New South Wales.
2. Facilities: The facilities are good for families, my children loved the heated pool with rapid ride. There is a small kiosk on site providing essentials such as milk, bread, newspapers, etc.
3. Accommodation: In my view, the accommodation is OK but not great.
We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom cabins. There was a double bed in the main bedroom, and 4 bunk beds in the other bedroom. We had a well equipped kitchen, a living room with a flatscreen TV and a dining table with 6 chairs. There was also 4 sofa seating in the living room. The bathroom had a spa bath with shower over it. There was ample room for a family of 4.
I did think that the level of cleanliness left a little to be desired. The wooden floor in the living room was not as clean as in other similar accommodation I have stayed in, I wore a pair of light blue socks when in the cabin during our 2 day stay (we were out most of the days) and the soles of my socks were brown at the end of our stay.
There were cobwebs in the ceilings of both the second bedroom (with the bunk beds) and the living room.
The fans in the main bedroom and the living room were visibly mouldy (see photo).
The carpet in the bedrooms was dated and had some stains.
The bathroom, however, was very clean. Go figure.
Sure it's not marketed as a 5 star resort but I think they should do a more thorough job with the cleaning of the cabins as they are letting themselves down when you compare this resort with other similar resorts in the same price category.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LeahSydney01
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I planned a mini holiday for my family, found this place by accident.
Staff was excellent & very helpful, stayed in a great cabin with our own private spa. Thoroughly enjoyed our time & we will be coming back for many years to come.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kallex
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This park has the most unfriendly rude staff I have ever encountered in the office. The ladies in this office are awful. They offer no help, are rude, don't know how to use the booking system properly. Don't ask for a late checkout as this is way too much work for them to manage even when the park is almost empty. The amenities blocks are so old and dirty you will cringe everytime you need to use them. They don't even offer normal toilet paper. I will never stay here again. The other campers on either side of us were also complaining about the awful staff. A note to the owners. Get some new staff if you want this business to continue running and build new amenities blocks. What an awful place. Never again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank bakovenman
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I called these ladies after my stay at the entrance reef resort on Nov 9. They offered me a cabin for less than the full price because I was desperate to get out of there. They were wonderfully helpful and sympathetic from our horrible experience. They gave us a bottle of wine as well! The place was lovely and quiet the beach was literally 20metres away and there is a heated pool and spa set at 29degrees all day every day, they have movies every night for the family or kids to watch and there is plenty of games a tennis court and basketball and volleyball net too. Also plenty of privacy, they even have a couples cabin :) it's an amazing experience and me and my partner will definarely be returning there for many years to come :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Found this place by accident and did not want to leave. A beautiful beach on one side and magnificent trees on the other. Staff were great. Pool was fantastic for adults and kids. Facilities were very clean and well maintained. Didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Ettalong Beach
Shelly Beach Holiday Park
Shelly Beach Holiday Park
#1 of 1 in Shelly Beach

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!