The Angel Inn
  • Breakfast included
Black Horse Hotel(Grassington)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Devonshire Fell Hotel(Burnsall)
Red Lion Hotel(Burnsall)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewson arrivalattention to detaila nice touchmy partnerscallopsfresh milkwine listfishsteakwine caveacross the roadfirst classblack puddingbar areayorkshire dalesgarden suiteservice was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed for two nights as part of a wedding party.
Our accommodation was excellent we had the Sycamore and Fell view rooms. They were well appointed with an extremely comfortable bed and a great bathroom. There were also a small box of chocolates for the guest on arrival. I could not fault the accommodation.
Breakfast on the first day was of a very high standard with lots to choose from, however on the Sunday I don't know if supplies were low or it was a different chef the breakfast was not as good.
I found the waiting staff to be extremely courteous and friendly.
We had a set meal in the wine cave on our first night,which had been set up beautifully.
The wedding was superb in terms of all the bride and grooms choices; their wedding meal was probably one of the best wedding meals I have had.
This is a beautiful part of the world, however,you have to pay premium prices to stay at The Angel.

Room Tip: Sycamore has a beautiful view of the fells.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sambucada
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I are on a staycation visiting Lancashire/Yorkshire & Cumbria.
We were warmly greeted on arrival by Simone and shown to our accommodation which was one of the suites in the converted barn opposite the Inn. The room was lovely and very spacious with a large sitting area with TV. The ensuite had a lovely rolled top bath plus a power shower.
There is a selection of drinks in the mini bar with an honesty tab. The tea/coffee tray had a huge selection of drinks plus homemade shortcake biscuits. A nice little touch was a small box of handmade chocolates on the bed together with a letter welcoming us. After settling in we went across the road for a drink - the log burner was glowing and we sat and enjoyed our drinks. On returning to our room a waiter brought over a small tray of canapies - again a nice a little touch.
We opted to each in the restaurant and had the four course meal - all courses were excellent. There is also a huge selection of wines to cater for all tastes.
We both had a very comfortable and peaceful night.
Breakfast is served in the Inn in the room next to the restaurant. Again could not fault the food - all locally sourced and the full Yorkshire breakfast was huge - with 2 of everything. In a small room off the dining room there is a selection of fresh fruit/yoghurts/cereal and toast to help yourself to.
Throughout our stay the staff were very thorough and accommodating and made us feel very welcome - would not hesitate to recommend The Angel Inn and will definitely stay again when next in the area.

Room Tip: Our suite was in the converted barn opposite the Inn - traditionally decorated. We stayed in Rylstone.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAD63
Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you're over 65, you'll probably think The Angel is great. I'm afraid it is living off it's past reputation....something that often happens when new owners come in and think they know best.
My TV and internet didn't work which when I complained was told "it's not our fault". The manager offered me a conversation with the owner which I took. That prompted the owner rep walking up to my table and loudly accusing me of refusing to pay the bill. When I explained the error of his ways, he apologised and offered me some recompense. Someone who knew how to run a good establishment wouldn't dream of trying to intimidate a guest.
On the bright side, the bar staff are friendly and helpful and the food is fairly good but not as good as it used to be.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Jules P
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed for one night to celebrate a 60th birthday and can honestly say it was a fabulous experience. From the moment we arrived, it felt like we had landed in the lap of luxury. The staff couldn't do enough to help and you were certainly made to feel welcome. Shortly after being shown to our luxurious room, that included some nice chocolates left on the bed, some canapes were delivered to get our taste buds prepared for the evening meal. Everything about the room felt well cared for and clean. The mobile reception in the area wasn't too good for me (virgin mobile) but I did manage to connect to the world through the room wifi. The hotel/inn is out in the countryside and would be a great place for those who like walking,

The food and the service in the restaurant was first class. It was so nice to be spoilt for a whole evening. Even the youngest members of staff were polite and knowledgable about the food and drink on offer.

The breakfast experience was as good as the evening service. We couldn't fault it.

It's quite expensive to stay at The Angel for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast but I would definitely recommend this to friends as an expensive treat for a special occasion.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mixreview
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here on Sunday night in the Garden Suite which was sumptuous with its seating area opening onto a private garden area with patio and table and chairs. Canopies were delivered to the room before dinner, which was a lovely touch. Fresh milk was available in fridge and homemade shortbread to go with your tea or coffee. The dinner was delicious and the staff were very friendly and helpful. All in all a lovely stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple